Vino: Positive Drugs Test

:cry: :cry: WHY WHY !!!!??? They do only damage to the sport. It's a sick joke now. And nobody is laughing :twisted: That Happy weekend in the UK at the start seems such a long time ago.

It's bad bad bad for the sport. Can't help but wonder if professional cycling is genuinely worse than other sports? Or is the cycling a whipping boy?
Can't see the sport does itself any favours either. Why does the failed drug test news come out when Rasmussen is in yellow? It could've been sorted before the race. What's the deal with this shoe box full of doping products too?

ameybrook":2c76hdjv said:
icantthinkofausername":2c76hdjv said:
come on Contador !!!

I think I just threw up in my mouth. This guy is the dirtiest guy out there!

Interesting. Some riders have always had a rep for doping (Bjarne 'Mr 60%' Riis springs to mind) but what's with Contador? Is this due to his links to Puerto?

John":gvvho652 said:
Can't help but wonder if professional cycling is genuinely worse than other sports? Or is the cycling a whipping boy?

I've been involved in a few sports over the years and I'd say that cycling is no worse than any other sport, but rather cyclings problems are just in the public eye rather than hidden.

Dertain sections of the media do seem to have hidden agendas regarding the timing of releases and leaking of information from test labs should be more of a concern than it appears to be.

As for Vino, the test is not 100% accurate so I'll wait for the B sample result. His stage 15 results test results should also show a similar result if blood doping has taken place so it poses an interesting question if that comes back negative. Either way it has probably ended his cycling career which is also a shame as I have always enjoyed his attacking style.

Oops, just posted a thread in OT about this; an article on The Telegraph Online.

orange71":37yctr6e said:
I can't watch the tour these days - it has lost all credibility.. when it cleans up I'll watch.

I agree with orange71, it's a joke.. :roll:

Interesting on the doping with cycling only thing.

OK, its a pretty extreme sport from a physcal side, but how often have footballers been tested/banned for doping? Genuinely no idea as I know as much about football as the royal ballet. But seems hard to think that all these people are clean all the time.

Think its a bit of a bandwagon at the moment - cycling has a bad rep for doping, so keep focus on this sport.

The CSC stance is an interesting one.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... /jun22news

I know if I was sponsoring a big team for megabucks, I really would not want my company associated with the media repecussions of a doping scandal.

- Interesting second article on that page with Astana too..

After Landis last year I lost all interest in professional cycling and didn't intend to watch any more on TV.

Then the Tour started and I got gradually sucked in and really started to enjoy it. And now this. Can we really believe that any of them are clean?

And has any of the Grand Tours been won clean in the last decade (or even longer) - it's straining credibility that guys coming second and third were doping (EPO is reputed to give 10-12%) and guys winning were just on spaghetti with honey and Parmesan cheese.

scant":1xywvyaf said:
isnt there a roadie forum for this roadie druggy talk? :LOL: ;)

:LOL: :LOL:

Have there been any high profile cases of Pro-MTBers getting caught? I don't remember any......

MadCowKev":2fidqix1 said:
scant":2fidqix1 said:
isnt there a roadie forum for this roadie druggy talk? :LOL: ;)

:LOL: :LOL:

Have there been any high profile cases of Pro-MTBers getting caught? I don't remember any......

rasmussen, cadel evans both ex mtbers.. obviously the drugs swayed them to the dark side.
that cheating french b'std robbed frischnect in 96 mtb world, christophe duponey (sp)

Back