Peugeot 753 Chorus 61cm full bike

badger bill

Retro Newbie
I bought this almost as new Pug 753 chorus in late 1996 and loved it from day one. It weighs 9.5kgs, is very comfortable, climbs like a goat and decends like a demon! When I bought it it already had been changed to 105 STi groupset, with the exception of the headset and bottom bracket, which are still original, and the hubs that are period Ultegra. It has an 8 speed rear with a double front. These work perfectly. Rims are Mavic open sup, with profiled spokes (thicker at ends, thinner in middle), I cleaned these and the pads after every trip! They are still pristine, hardly a blemish on them, certainly the anodizing is not broken anywhere even on the braking surface. New bar tape, chain is recent, all Chrome is perfect. There are a few ultra minor marks on the paintwork, but nothing really. There are no dents, creases, dings, blebs, physical marks on the tubes anywhere.

I did not take this bike out in the rain, cleaned it every time I came in and stored in the house either in a spare room in-between rides or under the stairs in winter. Over winter I wiped Vaseline on the spokes and exposed metal parts to keep it perfect and cleaned it off at the start of the summer. Around 1999 I made some cosmetic changes, replacing the black 3TTT stem with an aluminium Cinelli one, and replacing the painted forks with chromed ones. I still have the originals that will go with the bike, along with a rear cassette tool and various gears.

I haven't really used this since working abroad for a few years in 2003, and since then I have a family and other commitments that means I cannot use it, and it has remained out of sight and out of mind. I have recently got a MTB so that I can take my daughter out around the local cycle ways, woodland paths, etc, and accept that I am never going to use it again. I would really love for it to go to someone who would treat it like I have, and hope that there is someone out there who has some love for a 753 steel bike in top condition.

I'm based near Warrington in the North West.

Pics to follow.

offers over £300.

Cheers

BB
Lewis
Mob O seven eight nine one 582 413

This sounds exactly what a mate of mine is after. Could you please send me pics arkpr (at) aol (dot) com ? Can I have all the measurements too please?.. Thanks

Felt that it would be easier putting them all online, rather than trying to send loads of pics through e-mail, so here they are.

Pics link

Have them all in full resolution but at 2.2MB each it would block an inbox up pretty quick, and take me forever to send.

Let me know if you need any sent to you full size.

Cheers

BB

Back