Jack Taylor 'Rough Stuff' 1979 (1953-1974)

"RECOGNITION FOR APPS
In a Skype conversation, Gary
Fisher told me: “I’ll talk with Joe
Breeze, Charlie Kelly and Dan
Cook and the rest of the gang
and do something for Geoff.”

Quote from Carlton Reid, BikeBiz April 2010

Hi ED.

It looks as we may have some serious backers this time round. However it's tricky for UK people to Join and vote for the MBHoF as they have to download and print an membership form and pay by cheque in US$. There may also be be a number of US RetroBike members who wish to support Geoff. A frontpage RetroBike article/campaign near to voting time would help to remind people and help demonstrate the support that Geoff has this side of the pond.

Graham.

I'll get something up on the front page nearer the time. Graham, just let me know!

Would be good to see Mr Apps in the HoF.

typical of the british head stuck in sand attitude that still exists today
we seem all to quick to call innovators wierdos etc than nurture this
advancement

:cry:

650B tyres too...!

You'll have read the stuff about how 650B nearly became the early standard but was knackered by tyre availability, I'm sure. Not sure it counts as "ahead of its time" now, though - 650B might have staged a comeback, but it's not showing any signs of amounting to anything more than a subniche...

Geoff was experimenting with 700c / 29er tyres too. Gary Fisher is on record as saying that this size would likely have become the standard after Geoff sent the Americans some Nokian tyres if availability in that size had been better.

Back