KONA Ku - what to do?

malikgermany

Dirt Disciple
hey folks,

some weeks ago i bought a Ku frame. Wanted to sell it because i have too many frames (according to girlfriends view). but now i am not sure anymore, it is somehow attractive to me. i was never into kona but this paintjob.. like a hotrod.

so help me out - rebuild it? sell it? store it for better times after the azonic, grisleys and the klein have been finished? :roll:

let me see - does that work?
Ku.jpg

would be an option. but the frame is light - thing i`d rather like to have a SID
and tune wheels. or maybe rigid to make it a real lightweight project..
has to be different to my adroit an the azonic which is to be with an crosslink fork.
that was the idea behind selling the ku: buying parts for my azonic

hard to tell. if you tell me how to figure out the year i will let you know.
but i think it is 98.. an it is 20" (yes i`m tall. and big i`m afraid..)
would it be blasphemic to go rigid?
and thanks i liked the paint. in fact that`s why i bought it.. it isnext best thing to my klein paintjobs ;-) and has the same understatement..

Much too big for me then!
The colour would seem consistent to me. I think the 98 Ku was the only year with Columbus aluminium tubing, and I saw one in a bike Shop in Bellingham back then - it had massive oversized tubing, which I have ot say this doesn't look to have.
I expect someone like Anthony could better identify this one,

then you are absolutely right cause it has that nice easton engraving on the downtube. so 98 is out :D the older the better. thx!

I think its not older than 98 - on 97 Konas the cable routing was different (2 on the toptube - 1 on the downtube) that Ku has all on the toptube.

you got that Ku from a recent ebay auction ?

Back