Coolwall - Klein

Coolwall - Klein

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've gone for cool. I had a 96/96 Pulse ( I think) and it was an amazing bike - or frame anyway. Really well built, extremerly light. It was a proper xc machine. Don't think I've owned a frame since that was so well built.

Klein got the shine taken off them when Trek bought them, in my opinion anyway.

mrkawasaki":38o5928d said:
So, in years, when did the first Mountain Klein arrive, the first recogniseable alu Cunningham and then Cannondale's offering?

Geometr-wise, I guess Cunningham leads the way here?

Mr K

The 1st Cunningham is around 1980 and that 'ham and the 1st Klein or Cannondale MTB are seperated by many years.

The MTB as we know it today shows many geometry influences that were initially 1st seen on the C'ham 'MTB' interpretation. Example of another innovation, but that we unfortunately do not see anymore is Grease Guard. It is not in the industries interest to produce bikes that aren't disposibles. More profitable to show pros winning on light weight junk and issue something new every year. The industry really got the taste. Overhere sales are gaining year on year.

Innovative - yes
Spangly paintjob's - yes
Cool - for me? No.

They just seem a little anodyne and clinical to me, they have always left me felling a little ..meh.

Elev12k":2uimshwi said:
mrkawasaki":2uimshwi said:
So, in years, when did the first Mountain Klein arrive, the first recogniseable alu Cunningham and then Cannondale's offering?

Geometr-wise, I guess Cunningham leads the way here?

Mr K

The 1st Cunningham is around 1980 and that 'ham and the 1st Klein or Cannondale MTB are seperated by many years.

Well three or four... ;-)

http://sanaandterry.com/cannondale/year/1984/1984.pdf

Mr K

I guess its pretty uncool to care about a paint job so much. My Klein has an obsessive application of clear protective tape and more polish applied than a very polished thing.

A minty fresh Klein is very nice but a faded used Klein is probably cooler, it has been used for what it was made for.

Klein is cool.

graham1975":1hji62r5 said:
uncool mainly due to expense, my idea of cool is sommet mega old that is cheap

I can see your point, Klein was well out of reach for me in 1990 due to the cost.

Yeh exactly, i think they are lovely looking bikes, a real work of art for the year but nah i wouldnt have 1, saying that they are a race machine ands thats not the type of rider i am, and they are alloy, you just can not beat steel.

Back