FS: Working Xtr m900 rear mech....meh..

gump":1gzrwt7h said:
Tallpaul, I am shocked!! :shock:

I am quite happy riding old bikes that are a little tattier as it makes me feel better :D
It was the 5/10 rating that got me, not the condition of the parts.

lol, is that like pulling a fat bird if you've had a particularly dry spell? (if my girlfriend reads this, it was a long time ago, at uni, and i was drunk).

Just sometimes i think that parts/bikes that have clearly been used as intended rather than cherished (and hence in no way used as intended), are viewed as inferior. By implication, this suggests (to me anyway) that there is class system in operation. Just a casual observation based on a few scattered comments i have noticed 'tis all :)

It's all born out of the fact that i don't like to see bikes sat in a garage unused. In fact the rarer or more capable (and hence expensive) a bike is, the more i think it should be ridden. It's like lions in the zoo...

Erm. Think your misisng the point a little.

That Mech in question IS IN PIECES.

It is by no means a 5/10 at all...I dont even think you could even PUT IT BACK TOGETHER anyway...

The yo is pretty appalling condition - ok a respray may be in order (for definite) but we all know what happens to the seat-tube BB junction on Yo's...

And yes this forum is also filled with people who fill their garages with the best toys.

:!:

Tallpaul":3obblbd0 said:
It's all born out of the fact that i don't like to see bikes sat in a garage unused. In fact the rarer or more capable (and hence expensive) a bike is, the more i think it should be ridden. It's like lions in the zoo...

Fair comment Paul. I'm no collector and none of my bikes are garage queens (yet).

However if i had a few spare £k's (which I don't) and someone sold me a NOS Fat Ti/Newsboy/C-26/Team Attitude, I'm not sure my conscience would still let me spoil it! :oops:

Back to the thread - that mech isn't useable. I certainly wouldn't put it on my bike for MM next year! :LOL:

jez-2-many-bikes":1qx3omra said:
Erm. Think your misisng the point a little.

That Mech in question IS IN PIECES.

It is by no means a 5/10 at all...I dont even think you could even PUT IT BACK TOGETHER anyway...

The yo is pretty appalling condition - ok a respray may be in order (for definite) but we all know what happens to the seat-tube BB junction on Yo's...

And yes this forum is also filled with people who fill their garages with the best toys.

:!:

I wasn't talking about the mech (i even said that?).

I don't think it makes a person bad for collecting bikes (i'm jealous i can't afford to own some of these things). I just have a slightly strange opinion that bikes deserve to be ridden, kinda spiritual thing. Anywho, seeing a bike unridden pains me in the same way as seeing a lion in the zoo :cry:

If you want to be specific about what triggered my response in relation to this thread...

I felt the comment about the Yo implied something negative about the seller, just because he'd given it a hard life.

Similarly, spraying M900 cranks black is some sort of sacrilege? :?

Maybe i am missing the point, but it's how it came across to me anyway?

My bikes have nightmares about being garage queens...

main.php

but a bit like kev said, I don't really have anything that out of the ordinary or very rare...

:LOL:
Like the fat bird analogy!

Each to their own really, if people want to collect, fine with me. Just means the used bits are free for the rest of us :D

Wouldn't say there is a class here, but clearly some very dedicated collectors where NOS is important and its what they search for and enjoy.

That Yo does look a touch rough too though... :?

:LOL:
Like the fat bird analogy!

Each to their own really, if people want to collect, fine with me. Just means the used bits are free for the rest of us :D

Wouldn't say there is a class here, but clearly some very dedicated collectors where NOS is important and its what they search for and enjoy.

That Yo does look a touch rough too though... :?

Back