*10 Under the Ben* Macretro Official Ride 2 *15th May 2010*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rado all you will need is a sleeping bag and rollamat - and maybe a pillow. there should be enough tent space between us.

Radoslaw":21zjrgqd said:
I'll stay for 2 nights, book me in Kaiser and PM with payment details as well. I'm badly equipped at the moment :oops: if comes to worst i could use car for sitting and sleeping :D

What do you need?
As you're giving me a lift there[and back again ;) :) ]

Im intending of bringing my box mattress.Its these old bones of mine :( so ive a spare roll mat you can use :D

Bringing enough cash sorts out the cooking detail,by removing the need to cook in the first place
Likely i'll be on the liquid/chocolate breakfast anyway ;)
My big tent[You 'will' be needing it ? [Yes to confirm],i'd hate to bring it if its not needed and nobody told me.
It has 2 rooms that hang on the inside.These can remain packed away during the day to give riders and groupie/mechanics somewhere to shelter from the horrendous weather we will no doubt be having
Im claiming one room all to myself but will take lodgers if they're
A.Female
B.Female and Single
C.Rich
D.Stuck with sleeping in a car/rain
I can take 2-3 for sleeping
-------------
Equipment i own/have access to-[and will be bringing anyway]
Pair of folding chairs
Rubbish collapsible table
Coleman ridgeline 4man tent[3 room]
Large canopy extension for the tent
Flat coleman stove[you know the type,very stable]
Small gas lantern
Espresso Coffee pot[4 cup size]invaluable ;)
I'll grind up about a pound of something nice :D]
Spare rollmat for Rado if he needs it
[available to others if he doesnt]
Hand axe/Bow saw
[if a fire is allowed and you intend to buy logs in F/bill then its likely to cost about £10 per hour on a medium sized campfire]
Blowlamp -Very handy for starting Campfires/disposable BBQ's
[BBQ ready to cook in five mins,not 1/2 hour,also takes the same gas as the stove]
A bottle of morgans spiced rum[its an easy drink.I can mix it with my real rum]
-------------------------
Though im not racing ill bring some tools anyway,if we all do the same but not say what we intend to bring we're likely to end up with 6 or one tool and zero on the other :LOL:
Topeak alien[can be borrowed by racers]
Park splitter
2 rolls of duck tape
cable ties
I can bring a trackpump[joeblow]but only if needed .
Anything else needed dont remain silent ,speak up best we know now and not later.
---------------
Disc riders remember to bring fluid incase we need to bleed them[if you have a kit bring it too}
I have 1/2 bottle of dot5 if thats what youre using and have none
Again speak up :D
---------------
Last point i'd like to raise is that of PRIZE GIVING :D
No doubt we'll clear the field and have line honours. :cool:
how about a prize for the best performing[or best first round time]
we can all contribute a bike bit of some kind[not junk please]and gie it to the best rider in our teams
Much like a 'best bike' [which ill win if my latest build gets completed on time ;) ]
I have a spare lezyne pump :shock: [i won for a few quid on ebay.]I have a couple of them and its not needed[impulse buy]I am happy to donate that and set the precedent :twisted:

Blimey Dyna you got the lot including the bottle to suggest winning best bike while at the same time not actually riding it in the race :LOL:

Only what I need is maybe folding chair and place to sleep. Will take other room as I could cover only point D. :LOL: I'll try find my mattress but take roll mat in case. Just bear on mind Dyna, I've got wee Fiat Panda, should manage bike rack till this time but looking on to your list I'm bit worry about space. :shock:

I can take some stuff dyna, but would need to pick up through the week.

Dont forget my offer of our large (ish) tent, also to include two, yes two, collapsable chairs, flat single ring gas cooker (with 2 cans of gas) and pot and pan set (dunno if cooking is permitted on site tho) and one double blow up mattress, yes mattress, NOT doll/sheep etc. Also a battery powered colemans fluorescent light, invaluable on these cold rainy Scottish 'summer' nights.
Looks like we might be going abroad that week on a short break, possibly back by thursday tho.

Dave.

kaiser":2pm87ra4 said:
next stage is to decide who has the best tents, no point everyone taking 5 man tents. Also any volunteers to get there early on the Friday to mark our spot? Also pipe up with any kit that would be handy: portable barbies/chairs/marquee etc.

My tent can hold 3 but 2 is comfy. I also have a good workstand and track pump.

Just noticed this - don't mind going up early as its only 45 mins away

I have my beady eye on summat so would folks be so kind as to swell my paypal a/c for the camping :D

paypal gift please to

klausschlesiger@aol.com

and stick yer name on it or reply here

Mr Panda":t2s4adnp said:
kaiser":t2s4adnp said:
next stage is to decide who has the best tents, no point everyone taking 5 man tents. Also any volunteers to get there early on the Friday to mark our spot? Also pipe up with any kit that would be handy: portable barbies/chairs/marquee etc.

My tent can hold 3 but 2 is comfy. I also have a good workstand and track pump.

Just noticed this - don't mind going up early as its only 45 mins away

cool beans :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back