SSEC 2010 ~ Roll Call!

ededwards":2q04qva6 said:
Just returned from the weekends event, good to meet some old Retrobike faces as well as new ones.

I'm a little red in the arms and face (from sun not beer), with slightly weary legs but with a light heart and a general spring in my step. Real credit has to be given to the organisers for putting on such a great event - the course was pretty much perfect with challenges for experienced faster riders but not at the expense of the faint of heart. But the real clincher was the atmosphere - laid back and friendly, relaxed but keen on riding bikes and having a beer. Ambiance like that cannot be faked or produced on tap and it speaks volumes for the dedication, enthusiasm and general good nature of the people in charge.

This is coming over as a bit warm and fuzzy - but it really was that good.

some shots of you on a flick page , there is a link on stw .

cchris2lou":3lv3v7l2 said:
ededwards":3lv3v7l2 said:
Just returned from the weekends event, good to meet some old Retrobike faces as well as new ones.

I'm a little red in the arms and face (from sun not beer), with slightly weary legs but with a light heart and a general spring in my step. Real credit has to be given to the organisers for putting on such a great event - the course was pretty much perfect with challenges for experienced faster riders but not at the expense of the faint of heart. But the real clincher was the atmosphere - laid back and friendly, relaxed but keen on riding bikes and having a beer. Ambiance like that cannot be faked or produced on tap and it speaks volumes for the dedication, enthusiasm and general good nature of the people in charge.

This is coming over as a bit warm and fuzzy - but it really was that good.

some shots of you on a flick page , there is a link on stw .

Being incompetent I can't find any - is there a link readily to hand?

I'll add my congratulations and thanks to the above list. I had an ace weekend and the 8 hour drive both ends was well worth it.

Shame I didn't get to ride my Explosif on more than the Friday social but at least I had a back up plan which was put to good use... watch the sidewalls on those old rims people... they may blow ruining your ride and force you to ride five miles with no back tyre :evil:

Many thanks also to the man who gave me his chain on lap two when mine snapped. This allowed me to keep riding. Two bikes broken in two days... welcome to my world :roll:

The little guy and I enjoyed watching - subject to my not breaking flickr I should have some pics up.....

Have joined Sheldon's flickr group.

M.

Great Weekend

I agree it was a great weekend :D
We had a ball, great riding, great people and great weather.
After all that glorious warm sunshine we returned up here last night to snow, picked the dogs up this morning driving through a blizzard near Wick :shock:
Certainly put a smile on my face after the crappy ten days leading up to it, what with being full of antibiotics and painkillers for an infection in my jawbone. It was well worth it, I may not have been at my best but we both came away thankful of it all. I even won some tools for being the 'smiliest/happiest rider :D
Apologies Messiah as I didnt end up meeting a fellow macretro rider, next time. It was good to meet up with Ed and Cab once again and also a few of the retro guys from down south. Thanks also to my fellow macretro campers Zigzag and Velo for your usual good company and banter.
A huge thankyou as well for Sheldon and the Knights for one of the best race weekends ever. :cool:
Those kooky Belgiums have a lot to live up to but I am sure Bruno will do his utmost.
Belgium next year! who's up for it?
Heather and I certainly are.

Jamie
ssec20102.jpg

Bloody Great Weekend! Thanks Sheldon, all the Knights, & everyone who was part of it. Totally enjoyed all of it, look forward to seeing more pictures.

Latest posts

Back