Retrobike @ The National Champs

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Retrobike will be well represented at the National champs in Plymouth this weekend by our very own Jeffy "Don't Sell Out" Beetham in the Masters Race. I'm not sure as he'll be riding the Overburys' though.

Anybody else heading down?

Trained for 4 weeks.
Bought new wheels, bike finally actually working good.
Set off at 2.30pm Fri from Loughborough for Plymouth, ETA 6.30pm
Made it to the junction past Strensham services on the M5 at 10.30pm.
8 hrs to do a journey of 1hr.
Reversed up the hard shoulder to get off the exit.
Headed to Tewkesbury to buy get some food.
Tewskesbury was underwater, but tried 2 pubs on the road in. Both were like refugee camps. No Food.
Found a wild bean cafe/m&s/little theif. Happy days. Well, it would have been had they not been shut for refurbishment.
Decided to stay in lemmo.
Had to head to Cheltenham tho as any roads to lemmo were blocked with traffic.
Took another 4.5hrs to get to Lem.
12.5hrs in car, 159miles in total.
Up at 8am to check news, M5 still shut, so no chance of making Plymouth.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thats a real arse.
Thinks like this suck big time. Who wants to stay in Leam.

To think you could have actually tried at MM instead of posting those chilled out lap times too.. ;)

So what bike is it you have now? Any pics?

yeah its all very wrong.

ah the bike.
well the secret strange project is currently minus cranks, so i had intended to ride the commencal. i could use the cranks off the commencal but i cant get the secret strange project dirty, so need to wait for a year until its dry enough...

Bad job it didn't work out. Any idea how many actually made it down??

I was there and rode the 50K and actually struggled to find any mud, well that's a small lie as there was a double sized puddle that stretched for at least 10 yards.
I even saw some dusty bits - i think this strange stuff is dry and powdered mud but don't quote me :?
Managed to reach the heady position of a top 50 finish (only just and out of only 87 starters :oops: )

As for the weather on the Sunday, well it rained about 10 drops throughout the day, which must really rub salt in with the guys unfortunate enough not to have made it.

John":244vb4rv said:
Bad job it didn't work out. Any idea how many actually made it down??

BCF report claims 1/3 of entries didn't sign on......

unlucky Geoff - all the best laid plans. Always next year but then you'll have to beat me (again) ;)

Back