Blackmount/Glen Etive - Sat24/Sun25 APRIL AFTERMAaaa.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( sorry to here that Dyna, bit of a downer, not long to 10 under though.

Fitted my panniers last night and although a bit wobbly they will do. ( I had to use 4 p-clips and I think they could be stronger made).

Mr P did you get time to draw up a kit list? If not I'll stuff as much in the car as I can think of and we can pick out what we need before departure... although my butane stove is pretty big.

Do we need one of those little shovels or are there ample facilities along the route? :) :shock:

Dave G and I will hopefully arrive between 10 and 10.30, I won't get lost on this route :)
Gaz I have a little something to give to Kasier, if you could take it back with you that would be great.... Just remind me to leave my dangly bit in your car before we set off. :)

Facilities along route - aforementioned hotels plus this...........

http://www.smokedsalmon.co.uk/publish.a ... ark&page=1

.......which we will pass early on Sunday morning about 3 miles after getting off the boat. There is handy cafe & wcs which will be open (tea and scones :D ) so we could just take tea/coffee breakfast at the bothy and carbo-load with goodies here :cool:

Shovel at bothy :shock:

Haven't had time to do list yet - but will be the usual cycling stuff inc waterproofs, plus sleeping bag and mat - will try tonight just to act as an aid memoire although i'm sure most of you will know what you're taking already

dyna-ti":2f4lfhr8 said:
Update

Mate has just phoned.Something about the bank withdrawing his overdraft.He's had to cancel at the last moment,therefore it seems i must too.I cant get up there for 10.30am and after the return trip from Kingshouse i'd have nowhere to go,or be able to camp or any of the stuff ive planned

f**k :x
Gutted

Train no good?

Go up Friday evening with smaller tent or BofO Hotel Bunkhouse at £15?

InverAwe - I've had some of their smoked trout at a food fair, stunning stuff - I might try a wee piece and smoked venison for my packed lunch :)

Rado did your sleeping bag arrive? If not I bought one of these for £25 - VANGO ULTRALITE 200 from the sports direct shop, might be a little chilly but a liner should sort that. - it is small and very light.

!Bmys+VQ!Wk~$(KGrHqYH-EIEttKwzG)qBLg9Wy6CiQ~~_12.JPG

Specification Details - for Vango Ultralite 200

* Suggested Usage: +5°C to +20°C
* Performance: 2 Season
* Maximum User Height: 190cm
* Dimensions: 215 x 80 x 50cm
* Total Weight: 925g (Excl sac 825g)
* Fill Weight (g/m²): 1 x 80 top / 1 x 80 base / 1 x 80 thermic loft tubes
* Pack Size: 29 x 16cm
* Zip: Left-Hand

Features - for Vango Ultralite 200

* Vango Lifetime Guarantee
* Omega shaping - the bag has a larger top layer than on the bottom which is tailored to keep the user's body warmer by reducing any excessive air spaces within the bag.
* TLS (Thermic Loft System) - The TLS system combines classic synthetic insulation with a new interlocked lattice construction to produce an effective thermal insulation systems
* Insulite Superfine - pedigree insulation provides excellent loft, is highly compressible and extremely durable
* Polair ripstop nylon shell - tough ripstop nylon, hardwearing, durable and fibreproof
* Polair mini ripstop nylon lining - comfortable, hardwearing, durable and fibreproof
* 3D hood with dual drawcord closure - allows maximum adjustment
* 2-way autolock zip - to seal in warmth or facilitate ventilation
* Insulated zip baffle- minimises heat loss
* Zip Guard - reduces risk of zip jam
* Arrow foot - allows feet to rest naturally whilst preventing cold spots
* Internal pocket with velcro closure - safe storage of those essential small items
* 4 strap compression sac - for easy transport and pack size reduction

There are a few stores in glasgow so you should find one.
http://www.sportsdirect.com/StoreLocato ... pr=5&sat=0

Cool - am no jokin'' either - we will pass by within ten feet of the cafe front door :cool:

Here's my list :LOL:

In no particular order:

Any essential medication (in my case - ventolin inhaler)
Firelighters
Waterproof matches & lighter
Small gas stove & cartridge (uses the std screw on resealable type – maybe an opporchancity to standardise stove fittings and save weight)
Mini cookset – (wee pans, lid etc)
Knife/fork/spoon, cup
Toothbrush – in case we encounter any totty
Teabags & condensed milk
Sleeping bag and mat
Spare cycling clothes ie shorts and top, if its pi$$ing down
Spare socks
Cable ties (pannier attachments and general DIY)
AMK (Anti Misery Kit – stays in car, contains complete set of dry clothing & sweets)
Speedos (don’t ask)
Basic 1st aid kit
Basic bike toolkit and some spares (inc chain breaker and poss spare chain)
Food for when on the move
Food for when at bothy (in my case some dehydrated gunk, poss porridge)
Water bottle
Spare lightweight fleece (for sleeping in or v cold weather)
Helmet/headwear
Gloves x2 pairs
Camera, torch & spare batteries
Waterproof jacket & trousers (if they arrive in time from CRC)
Candles or lightsticks
Bog roll
Essential Luxuries
SPD shoes, IF using SPDs :?

The above is roughly what I'll have, we can discuss finer points at carpark if we have too many stoves, FA kits etc.

Weather forecast is ok, but I did get caught in a hellish cold squall yesterday, so warm eveningwear :LOL: and decent waterproofs are recommended.

We should be ok when inside bothy as overnight temp is around 8 degrees :cool:

Due to work committments I haven't had a chance to deposit supplies, BUT if I speak nicely to SWIMBO I may be able to get her to drive "goodies" to approx 4 miles from bothy on Saturday afternoon/evening - we'd have to collect it though ;) Will know about that later tonight.............

Bothy is floor, walls and roof, little else. Possible some candles and last time I was there, there were approx 6 frying pans, if that info is any use.

Now i really must find some time to prep my bike :roll:

:D MacSpeedos :D

from wiki........

The company was founded in 1914 by hosiery manufacturer Alexander MacRae, who migrated from Scotland to Australia in 1910, as McRae Hosiery Manufacturers, then MacRae Knitting Mills[2] in an effort to expand his company into swimwear. In 1928, the name Speedo was first adopted after the firm developed its Racerback design of swimwear,[

Toothbrush – in case we encounter any totty

My partner laughed out loud at this comment. :LOL:

Good List Mr P, I'll just bring some coffee then, you seem to have everything else sorted ;)

Will a Borat Mankini do instead of speedos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back