1998 GT Xizang

Very nice :cool: The blue is done nicely imho. As for the risers, oh yes :D Flat bars don't do it for me (well very, very rarely).

Awesome, all the blue bits set it off perfectly :). The welds are interesting - almost subtle. Earlier Zaskars had big fish scale welds. Is this an aesthetic thing or a new technology thing I wonder?

6.5x55":1g4m7ajl said:
Earlier Zaskars had big fish scale welds. Is this an aesthetic thing or a new technology thing I wonder?

It's a Xizang (titanium) not a Zaskar (aluminium). Different welding process due to the properties of the material which is why the welds are neater. The frames also cost a lot more than the Zaskar which is why they are pretty rare.

I confess, that's was my job with decals :oops: Just liked it. Looks good with blue sids Barney, nice work :) Like this reincarnation of Xizang :D

Nice bike Barney, I'll be honest and say I don't like the risers either - I run a 10 degree stem and about 1.5" of spacers on mine to raise the bar - It's your bike though so really it's nobodies business but yours how you build it.

If you have a desire for period correct decals I have photographs of the original decals on mine before I removed them, I'm sure Gil could take it from there.

Back