1994 Fat Chance Shock-A-Billy

Mr. Zero

Senior Retro Guru
Had it together for a couple of months now, but just recently sorted the last few details to my liking. :)

So, here's the latest (completed) addition to my stable: a S/M 1994 Fat Chance Shock-A-Billy (@ 23.4lbs). :twisted:

Attachments

• IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 3,038
  • IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 3,037
  • IMG_1271.jpg
    IMG_1271.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 3,037
Thanks for the comps, Hilts. It's nice to have this one off the "To-do" list and on the trail! :D

Mr Zero, fabulous frame there, is that a Risse Racing shock your running?

Any advantage over the old AMP coilover unit?

Yes, it's a Risse Genesis Damper. Though the AMP unit is probably one of the lightest coil-over units ever produced it suffered from poor damping and was prone to leakage. Though I obtained this particular frame with the Risse unit included I've since replaced the AMP unit on my other B3 and B4 frames with Risses. The Risses hold up well and are very light (plus when needed the folks at Risse are a pleasure to deal with). I also tend to favor air versus coil-over for shorter travel XC applications.

Mr. Zero":3seya24g said:
1994 Fat Chance Shock-A-Billy (@ 23.4lbs). :twisted:

23.6lbs is such a great weight for an XC FSer.. :cool:

Sweet ride mate, looking forward to seeing some Out On The Trail photos ;)

That is sooooo nice. Thats the colour I'd have one in and also the amp rear end too. Love it. Tell me if your thinking of selling - ever. Very sweet indeed. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks guys.

KingRoon, I'll get some action pics up as soon as we have a sub-109F degree day to get it out to the trail. :shock: [Sorry, but couldn't find the "frying-like-a-slab-of-bacon" emoticon.]

Yowzers, 109F :shock:

Looking forward to the photos..

jez-2-many-bikes":328dowk0 said:
..and also the amp rear end too. Love it.

Might be about time someone on here bought this one!! ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back