New guy!

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
Greetings one and all.
To think you've been here all this time and I never knew. I went to get a couple of spares for my 1990 Saracen Kili Flyer Comp and the spotty yoof in the shop laughed at me and suggested I try the Web! Is it possible to still get the 2mm Shimano brake cables? The rear is still going strong, (well stronger than me) but the front has had it! I have a spare Magura rear caliper. Is it possible to shorten and re-attach the hose or are they end specific? I will post a couple of pics of the Saracen and also a pretty old Bontrager Titanium (1" headset) I have.
Cheers in advance, Mark H.

Iwasgoodonce":zw4wrwc3 said:
Greetings one and all.
To think you've been here all this time and I never knew. I went to get a couple of spares for my 1990 Saracen Kili Flyer Comp and the spotty yoof in the shop laughed at me and suggested I try the Web! Is it possible to still get the 2mm Shimano brake cables? The rear is still going strong, (well stronger than me) but the front has had it! I have a spare Magura rear caliper. Is it possible to shorten and re-attach the hose or are they end specific? I will post a couple of pics of the Saracen and also a pretty old Bontrager Titanium (1" headset) I have.
Cheers in advance, Mark H.

Mark,

welcome to the site.

We all have problems with spotty yoofs in the past - at that age they don't know what they don't know.

Not sure on the cable, think you might be as well to replace the lot after 17 years.

You can alter the hose length on maguras but will need a service kit.

Looking forward to pics of the bikes..

England still has spotty yoofs?

oh yes, varioius species: this is the newest variety - the Chav.

chav.JPG

Spotty - covered in spots, acne, common in teenagers!

Yoof - means 'youth' i.e. young person

:roll: :LOL: OK thanks, now I get the picture ! Feel less stupid even though I wish I would be a spotty yoof again. Too long ago :roll: ...

Back