What is this frame?

theyEye

Retro Newbie
Hello...
This is my first post, and I don't know too much about retro road bikes, so go easy, eh?

I walked into a second hand shop yesterday near Bologna, Italy, and this bike caught my eye, as I'm looking for my first new old frame. But I don't know what it is, so any guidance would be appreciated. Something special or Halford's special?

I assume it's Italian, and although it looks like some of the components have been changed, the chainset and rear mech seem original: Campy Nuovo Record.

A few pics --

Whole bike:
whole.gif

The top of the fork has a "TV" on it:
fork.gif

The head tube has an "FM" logo:
head.gif

The top of the seatstays have "special" on them:
seatstay.gif

The only number I found on this frame is a "53" under the bottom bracket.

I haven't bought it, but it's still sitting there priced at 140 Euros. Worth a punt?

Cheers,
Martin

Don't know what it is but drop whatever you are doing and get down there and buy it!! €140 is a good price for an obviously fine quality bike with some nice parts.

Cheers guys. I really would like to find out something about the frame (at least the name!!), but I quite like it either way, so will probably buy it tomorrow.

I guess there have been quite a few small custom builders around Bologna over the years, so if it's by one of them, I'll never find out...

Nice pictures, I'm convinced. It definitely looks like the work of the same designer.

How does it ride?

let me say that the top frames are not the best, good frames are ok, but do not enjoy great prestige in Italy.

This is just to clarify and not to create false ilusion

also my track bike while being aesthetically beautiful, well preserved, with excellent components, the chassis is not the best as finishes, I would say a normal frame with top components

Back