Less than 200 miles - shame to Skip

Solis

Retro Newbie
New here and have to admit whilst a confirmed roady I tend towards titanium than aged steel :oops:

Anyway helping clear out my Dad's shed at the weekend came across my/his first road bike. Nothing exciting I'm afraid other than between us it probably has less than 200 miles on it and is complete just as it came out the shop in the late 70's

Question is as I have no space for it, should It be a trip to the skip (which seems a crying shame) or is there likely to be any interest if I was to try and sell it?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/ ... 1271669882

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/ ... 1271670008

Not worth a great deal, but way too nice to skip. Ebay could provide your best results should you sell it, but pop it on the for sale forum here 1st. What size frame is it ?

zedman":1t9xbpa0 said:
Not worth a great deal, but way too nice to skip. Ebay could provide your best results should you sell it, but pop it on the for sale forum here 1st. What size frame is it ?

Thanks for that Zedman, need to check but frame will be around 21.5"

that will do well on ebay

Lots of people skip stuff like this by dropping it off at the recycling centre and say hopefully 'somebody will get some use out of this'

usually me, or the Polish bloke, Pete The Pole, will buy it and sell at a car boot sale...

Much better condition than my viking, but mine is my main winter bike.
But it is still a enjoyable bike to ride.
Should go well, if you sell it.

MCsanandreas":3v76euds said:
way too nice to skip! sell it on here so it will go to a good home.

Happy to try here first as would like it to go to someone who will use it. Will take a few more photo's this weekend BUT unlike ebay guess I will need to state an asking price. Now bearing in mind its not all about the money and it would be good to pass it on to someone who may enjoy it, what would be a sensible price from a buyers point of view? The only thing I can find wrong with it is the rear tube is shot.

Any suggestions appreciated.

chris667":2flg1t7w said:
Rear tube is shot?

How do you mean?

Thanks for that question Chris, reading back my comment could easily be took the wrong way! Its just the inner tube, the frame is perfect.

Back