1992 Offroad Proflex 852

Retro Smurf

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
1992 Offroad Proflex 852, just purchased and will be my new build, watch this space as build info plus pic's to follow :D

Attachments

• 852.jpg
    852.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 2,508
Great find, very clean :). I remeber these BITD and they were extremely drool-worthy. Can't wait to see it built up :).

One of my all time favorite bikes :) , bitd I use to sell these through a bike shop I worked in... used to have a 952 as a works 'sandwich,coffee' bike :cool: :)

You putting the vector fork on ?

6.5x55":1dmg4suw said:
Great find, very clean :). I remeber these BITD and they were extremely drool-worthy. Can't wait to see it built up :).

Many thanks, Its my first build so very excited :D think I will try and build as near to period as poss with Proflex rigid forks and Girvin Flexstem when I can track them down.

Sithlord":3tntkgw6 said:
One of my all time favorite bikes :) , bitd I use to sell these through a bike shop I worked in... used to have a 952 as a works 'sandwich,coffee' bike :cool: :)

You putting the vector fork on ?

I may at some point as I think the vectors are awesome, but a fellow Retro biker has just contacted me with some rigid proflex forks off a 952 and a Flexstem which sounds a bit too good to miss.

Anyone got any idea's of where I can get replacement Elastomers and bearings for the frame please.

I have an identical 852 and I got replacement elastomers from rapid decent scotland but I think it has now closed down. The elastomer suspension on certain ladies saddles is supposed to work. Try contacting Legrandefromage or Pickle as they are the previous owners of my bike and it came fitted with the saddle elastomers.

Mine is set up with rigid forks and a Ti flexstem bar combo and it rides fantastically :D

chrisv40":3ieih4dg said:
I have an identical 852 and I got replacement elastomers from rapid decent scotland but I think it has now closed down. The elastomer suspension on certain ladies saddles is supposed to work. Try contacting Legrandefromage or Pickle as they are the previous owners of my bike and it came fitted with the saddle elastomers.

Mine is set up with rigid forks and a Ti flexstem bar combo and it rides fantastically :D

Thanks for that, I will contact them as soon as my frame arrives and i've checked the condition of the suspension :D

Back