My GT LTS1000 DS (an update)

*AJ*

Retro Guru
Just thought id add this pic as an update, after changing the colour scheme to suit the bike better.

I painted to forks to match the frame and got new pedals and tyres, also added new graphics to the battered Junior T, so they now look as good as they feel.

Took this to Sherwod Pines yesterday and put it through its paces, it certainly holds up its own, even on todays tracks, with the northshore etc. I love the way it rides, the way it handles the drops.... and the way it jumps.

This bike is certainly not just for show! :D

18042010211.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

and some :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :p :p :p :p

i started swearing when i saw it! its absolutely lush :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :p :p :p :p :p :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :shock: :shock: :shock:

not the saddle though, where did you get such mint v8's in that colour?

Agree about the saddle :shock: . If you could find a local plastics company to reproduce the orange rollers in a blue plastic for a few quid I think you'd have BoTD there - it's gorgeous and I don't even really like those Gts :LOL: .

Thanks for the kind words...

Its funny that you all mention the saddle as i ordered this just after dinner today....

dmr-jump-seat-expert-15063.jpg

Should look much better, as for the rollers I'm on the case, I noticed CRC sell replacements in black or white, so that could well happen shortly.

The pedals came from ebay, Ive never seen them in this colour before and they were brand new in the box. :)

if you are going all out you should get a black shock too.
i have two sets of the same pedals but not minty new, theyre getting harder to find in that colour as they only sell the sky blue now i think.
what tyres are they? what size? did you acquire them from xizang?

cyfa2809":1kx8szwr said:
what tyres are they? what size? did you acquire them from xizang?

Panaracer Fire XC arent they?

I'm not into the whole DH thing, but as a fellow GT owner I like it.

Saddle, no, but I see you have that covered.

I think the tyres are a bit of a blue overkill. I did the same thing with my RTS but with a red theme, and decided after a while I'd OD'd. Get some blackwalls on there as you can have too much of a good thing.

Tyres are indeed Panaracer Fire XC 2.1, really good tyres for all round riding.

Its not full on DH, more freeride to be honest. Il get pics up of the new saddle as soon as it gets here. :)

Back