1990 Kona Fire Mountain

snooks

Old School Hero
I thought I was alone! - Hello All

Everyone that passes me (or I pass...Well you've got to dream) has front/full suspension, I thought I was the only person still riding a ridgid bike, let alone one that's 18 years old!

Well at least I think the trust gal is 18.

When I bought it I was going to get the splatter pink fame, like this one:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... =kona+fire

But they had run out, so I got next years model, which makes it 1989 (I thought it was 93/94 so you can imagine how I felt knowing it's 5 years older!!

Well here's a pic from yesterday...
854893576_7268c487d1_b.jpg

And yes I'm on step 1 at the moment:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12159

Welcome snooks to the wonderful world of RetroBike, very cool steed you have there.. looks like it's survived well.

Thanx :)

Thanks for that :cool:

When I started riding again I had to get new thumbshifters the STI's finally gave up...I also needed new chainrings, which lead to a new chain and cassette, and of course the new chainrings wouldn't fit on my existing crank, so that lead to a new crank, which wouldn't fit on my bottom bracket, so had to get a new one of those!.....didn't reailse things had moved on!

I could have got a cheap crank, but it didn't look as good :)

I'd always improved bits of it as they broke...so it's still a great (if bumpy) ride

:( I love the old kona splatter paint jobs,

why won't they re-issue them in a fit of retro fever :?:

Welcome ;)

Splatter job

I'm sure you you give any frame a DIY splatter paint job....wouldn't be that hard!! :)

Might be messy though...YAY!

Son of snooks' fire mountain . . .

Son of . . . here :D

Currently on ebay and due to start tomorrow evening but I'm not so sure now :? . Used to ride a 16" Kona back in the day and longed for a bike with 6" of seatpost showing ;) , then came the tiny DJ frames of the late 90s and finally a bike with standover clearance. Going back to the Fire Mountain recently felt pretty weird but hey, at 16.5" with a pretty short toptube, it's smaller than my old Cinder Cone, right? C'mon people, convince me to keep it ;)

Sorry for the hijack - that Fire Mountain looks good - great to see one in regular use.

couple of nice old Konas there, my riding buddy had one bitd.

dirtymama, I am scared by the SS ratio ...42:19 or someting?

Latest posts

Back