New Project P7

chromemember

Dirt Disciple
Always wanted a P7 back in the day, well now 12 years later than I had wanted I have one

unfortunately......it s an a pretty bad way.

Rusty frame Judy SLs are dead, and the rest is pretty much bin fodder.

But, I think with a bit of shotblasting here and touch of paint there and a shiny bolt or two, it could be great again.

But for £50 who can complain.

Pictures to follow.

Parts for Judys easy to come by. And bits can clean and be useable. Don't chuck stuff unless you really have to!

Looking forward to the pics.

It seems the dream may have ended prematurely.
Stripped the bike in about, 15 mins, all going well, right up to the very last bit. The bottom bracket.

:cry:

Not sure what to do. I had to get a 2 tonne trolley jack to pop off the crank, and that in turn snapped the BB axle. And the BB cups are about as solid as a solid thing.

Bikepics001.jpg

Bikepics002.jpg

Bikepics003.jpg

Bikepics004.jpg

I have 2 options I guess, heat, to release the thread, (bit will that distort the shell?) or take it to my friendly machine shop and see if they can machine it out and re-tap the threads? If not I have spent £50 on some very old XT kit and a set of broken judy DHs :shock:

Some heat on that BB shell may help unstick the threads. If all else fails drill the b**gery out of it and saw etc to get it out....often relieves pressure on threads.

LeeDevelopment":phw1u238 said:
You're going at it too hard, when all else fails take it to a reputable LBS if you get stuck.

Just use the right tools and a little patience and penetrating spray and some more patience.

Back