Kona Caldera 1999 - 29er Lite Upgrade (Pg 2)

letmetalktomark":bo543uez said:
Have to watch disc brakes and 23mm tyres though :oops: :oops: :twisted:

You find you have problems? I have a Boardman hybrid with discs and 23mm tyres and haven't had any issues yet.

That looks mad! I bet it flies! Always fancied doing that to a MTB myself, but with 650c wheels/skinny tires instead.

Speed Demon :cool:

mikesnowdon":17ips8r5 said:
Always fancied doing that to a MTB myself, but with 650c wheels/skinny tires instead.

Mike give Continental Grandprix MTB tyres & tubes a go before buying a dedicated set of 650c wheels ;)

Cheers for the comments :D

She is quick but with only a 44t ring up front you soon find your self spinning :?

Larger ring needed :roll: :LOL:

On teh subject of tyres.....I have used a number of slicks but none as quick as actual road tyres.

I understand that 650c stuff is still quite deer - 700c is where its at :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

sic_nick":3h4uhj42 said:
letmetalktomark":3h4uhj42 said:
Have to watch disc brakes and 23mm tyres though :oops: :oops: :twisted:

You find you have problems? I have a Boardman hybrid with discs and 23mm tyres and haven't had any issues yet.

Only when wet or damp.

The Maguara louise BAT brakes can be ferocious sometimes! :twisted:

re:

haven't found that much 650b stuff around, there must be a lot of cx stuff in the south europe available...

some french girl rode tubulars in 650sizing some year

Quick update ......

Now sporting some rather 32mm nice cross tyres:

IMGP1743.jpg

IMGP1742.jpg

Still clearance but not a massive amount.

Time will tell .......

IMGP1744.jpg

Should just buy a 29er frame but that would be too easy :)

That looks great :D

Are those WTB cross tyres on there...what are they like? My Maxxis locusts have worn out on my 29er and I was looking at trying some different rubber.

Neil G":3k4hq0bv said:
That looks great :D

Are those WTB cross tyres on there...what are they like? My Maxxis locusts have worn out on my 29er and I was looking at trying some different rubber.

They are indeed - bought off of here a couple of weeks ago. :)

Looking very good yessir - I like it a lot.

Funny that your Salsa Cromotos don't have stainless dropouts like mine :?

Attachments

• Salsa-Dropouts.jpg
    Salsa-Dropouts.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 3,023

Latest posts

Back