Coolwall - Klein

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SF Klein":31cn5mxk said:
Neil":31cn5mxk said:
I'm calling BS. BITD I cycled with and knew many mountain bikers. I can't think of one instance of any of us talking about Kliens, then, never mind with any reverence or desire.

Even now, I can only ever remember actually meeting one person in the flesh who owned a Klein (this would be in 95, when I was on holiday) and he never once talked about where he'd cycled or the rides he'd been on, any talk he had were just about the bike, how expensive it was, or it's paintjob.

I agree. All my friends and EVERYONE else I talk to only talks positively about Diamond Back. Klein is uncool and Diamond Backs rule! ;) :p

I thought diamond back only made BMX that is probably the reason why your friends never knew about Kleins

SF Klein":3vdc3j04 said:
Neil":3vdc3j04 said:
I'm calling BS. BITD I cycled with and knew many mountain bikers. I can't think of one instance of any of us talking about Kliens, then, never mind with any reverence or desire.

Even now, I can only ever remember actually meeting one person in the flesh who owned a Klein (this would be in 95, when I was on holiday) and he never once talked about where he'd cycled or the rides he'd been on, any talk he had were just about the bike, how expensive it was, or it's paintjob.
I agree. All my friends and EVERYONE else I talk to only talks positively about Diamond Back. Klein is uncool and Diamond Backs rule! ;) :p
Oh, elitism dressed-up as sarcasm - that's bound to endear me about Klein enthusiasts.

You didn't really think that through, did you...

Sorry, I refuse to be drawn into your personal attacks that I've seen elsewhere on this board. I'm an "elitist", remember? I can't be bothered to stoop to that level. :D I don't know why you think I have a personal mission to endear you to Klein enthusiasts. :?: I'm glad you don't like Klein bikes - it means 1 less person I have to bid against on eBay. ;) :D

And when did this poll switch to rating a brand's owners vs. the brand itself? :?: :roll:

SF Klein":22xzk2q7 said:
Sorry, I refuse to be drawn into your personal attacks that I've seen elsewhere on this board.
I haven't personally attacked anybody. The only one that seems to be, is you, clearly referencing my sig in a thread entirely unconnected <shrug>
SF Klein":22xzk2q7 said:
And when did this poll switch to rating a brand's owners vs. the brand itself? :?: :roll:
Surely you know this yourself, as you raised the question on page 2, replying to LGF...

see jeff what happens if you dont give them facts IE (

Look at bikes today they all take the inventiveness of a Klein . IE: BB30 is just a bearing pressed into the BB just like Klein, the headsets are pressed in just like Klein. We have gone back to internal routing just like Klein and we have all in one stem bar combo just like Klein, and sloping top tube geometry just like Klein. Oh and we have fat 2 inch down tubes just like Klein. My flash is no different to my Klein except it is carbon. Oh and did i tell you the flash is £7,000 so just as expensive as Klein.

I go for a ride on my flash and nobody bats an eyelid yet when i pull out the gator Klein everybody wants to touch and have nothing but admiration. )

and start talking about how you have respect and love for a peice of aluminium. Just hit them with facts period

IMHO Klein may well have been cool and been iconic too - but unforgiveable use of elitist marketing was an innovation too far for mountain biking - the infantile divisions they wanted to create linger on, even today. For those that enjoy being indulged by such flagrant have/have not image making, the term fanboy was created just for you... ;-) Shame - I like many of the bikes otherwise.

Mr K

klein

they are cool, there are a lot of other bikes id like to own instead, but for those of us buying M.B.A, 2 decades ago they were one of the most lusted after bikes out there, especially with those spray jobs. its just become fashionable to slag them off, not my style but still cool ;)

Back