Identiti Mr. Hyde (gone but not forgotten)

Out for a ride in the glorious sunshine on Mr Hyde.
It rides a treat :D Everything is quiet, no brake rub, gears are sweet and it's really nice to ride.
Trails were dry and smooth which added to the fun.

A few pics below of where I took it:

Attachments

• RB Pic 18-09-2009 (3).JPG
    RB Pic 18-09-2009 (3).JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 4,955
  • RB Pic 18-09-2009.JPG
    RB Pic 18-09-2009.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 4,955
  • RB Pic 18-09-2009 (2).JPG
    RB Pic 18-09-2009 (2).JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 4,955
A close up :D

A nice responsive ride, really easy to get the power down when needed.
Feels nice and responsive as I tried it on the mini downhill track. I think it went down there better than my Ogun (6" back & front). No drops etc just nice'n'swoopy :D

Attachments

• Castell Coch 18-09-2009 (1).JPG
    Castell Coch 18-09-2009 (1).JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 4,948
Smart, n chunky.
I've had 2 Dr Jekylls as jack of all trades, poss not best tool for job but Mr Hyde wasn't available at the time. I found them really high up (tall BB) and stiff. Also heavy but thats not a valid comment as it was the BSX build that made it heavy in my case and the new cromo frame is actually heavier! :cool: They have just refined and shaved the Krisis race bike to below 4lbs apparently, thats very light, not sure how many races that would last.

Looks like fun, they are really confident on the rough stuff and down hill etc, saw a lad on a Dr, nail it on the commute the other day and totally burn off a regular commuter! :D

reanimation":2h8kanhr said:
Smart, n chunky.

Looks like fun, they are really confident on the rough stuff and down hill etc, saw a lad on a Dr, nail it on the commute the other day and totally burn off a regular commuter! :D

It definately looks good IMO. The frame looks black but it's dark metallic green.

It is a confidence inspiring ride. I left the saddle up for the downhill (trying to remember the lessons by Paul Hinton in MTB Pro, on how to ride steeps without getting your nads caught on the seat :LOL: ). I really enjoyed it. Took me back, almost, to the first few rides on my GT Karakoram.

A pic of the updated Mr.Hyde.

It's now got Hayes Stroker Ryde hydro brakes and waiting to go on are XT shifters but the LX ones shift so good I'll leave it a while (possibly :LOL: ).

Attachments

• Bike Ride - Barry Sidings 16-04-2010 (2..)RB.JPG
    Bike Ride - Barry Sidings 16-04-2010 (2..)RB.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 1,377
I had one of the first original Mr Hyde in green. Raced 4X and a bit of DH on it. Cracked the seat tube by riding XC on it! Great little bike though.
Haven't tried one of these new ones with the ADS. A friend has one of the original Identiti Crisis bikes when Cortina made the frames for them in the USA!

Back