• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Neil":1hkue89w said:
cchris2lou":1hkue89w said:
do we need a vote on this .

if Klein were voted uncool , John might as well shut down retrobike .
Surely retrobike has got to be bigger than one historical make of bike?

Yes you are right there are many bikes that make up retrobike but not many or any i can come to think of define a decade like a Klein.

Call them expensive call them posh boys toys, but i cant see a reason for them not taking the title for putting MTB's on the right road to where they are now.

Look at bikes today they all take the inventiveness of a Klein . IE: BB30 is just a bearing pressed into the BB just like Klein, the headsets are pressed in just like Klein. We have gone back to internal routing just like Klein and we have all in one stem bar combo just like Klein, and sloping top tube geometry just like Klein. Oh and we have fat 2 inch down tubes just like Klein. My flash is no different to my Klein except it is carbon. Oh and did i tell you the flash is £7,000 so just as expensive as Klein.

I go for a ride on my flash and nobody bats an eyelid yet when i pull out the gator Klein everybody wants to touch and have nothing but admiration.

The Klein was a revolution and as i said a long time ago it is the bike of the decade period.

I think you know where my vote is.

any123":222x89gj said:
Neil":222x89gj said:
cchris2lou":222x89gj said:
do we need a vote on this .

if Klein were voted uncool , John might as well shut down retrobike .
Surely retrobike has got to be bigger than one historical make of bike?
Yes you are right there are many bikes that make up retrobike but not many or any i can come to think of define a decade like a Klein.

Call them expensive call them posh boys toys, but i cant see a reason for them not taking the title for putting MTB's on the right road to where they are now.
I'm calling BS. BITD I cycled with and knew many mountain bikers. I can't think of one instance of any of us talking about Kliens, then, never mind with any reverence or desire.

Even now, I can only ever remember actually meeting one person in the flesh who owned a Klein (this would be in 95, when I was on holiday) and he never once talked about where he'd cycled or the rides he'd been on, any talk he had were just about the bike, how expensive it was, or it's paintjob.

any123":oknvkomf said:

to suggest that kleins define the entire 90s is, i think, fundamentally flawed

certainly by 1996 or so when i got into things properly, they were something of an anachronism.

cce":2fpopb5j said:
any123":2fpopb5j said:

to suggest that kleins define the entire 90s is, i think, fundamentally flawed

certainly by 1996 or so when i got into things properly, they were something of an anachronism.

can you explain where my flaw is please. All i said was bikes today are the same as Kleins were at the start of the 90's light, intergrated, responsive

Super f'in uber cool

Always wanted one, now have four.
Best bikes in the stable, Superb ride and dare i say it "better ride than my Pace's"

:cool: :LOL:

Definately iconic which is why I voted cool

Not getting too involved in the politics etc of expense/marketing. Plenty of companies other than Klein out there now doing the same thing.

I agree with Neil G, no matter how you put it Klein remains an icon, and therefor is cool. If they weren't that expensive on the second hand market, I would defo consider buying one.

Neil":10kbfu44 said:
I'm calling BS. BITD I cycled with and knew many mountain bikers. I can't think of one instance of any of us talking about Kliens, then, never mind with any reverence or desire.

Even now, I can only ever remember actually meeting one person in the flesh who owned a Klein (this would be in 95, when I was on holiday) and he never once talked about where he'd cycled or the rides he'd been on, any talk he had were just about the bike, how expensive it was, or it's paintjob.

I agree. All my friends and EVERYONE else I talk to only talks positively about Diamond Back. Klein is uncool and Diamond Backs rule! ;) :p

Back