Rider wins claim against Marin importer for handlebar break

Unbelievable.

Sorry for the guy but sueing after a 3 year old bar might have broken is something else.

Should be a lesson to everybody to go easy on those 15 year old kalloy unos though.

I'm not a lawyer (where's Pace when you need him, he can't be at work yet if he's not logged in here!) but how is the shop responsible for a manufacturing defect and can't they then pass the claim on to the manufacturer?

I would bet, though, that had he NOT been wearing a helmet the outcome of this case would have been different, which in itself is ridiculous.

Pretty amazed by that. How long is the warranty on Marin bikes and/or compnents?

Getting more like the States every day but not quite there. Remember reading a while ago about a woman who had sued the maker of her microwave. Apparently, when she washed her poodle she always used to put him in the oven at a low temperature to dry off. She then bought a microwave to replace said oven. She put the poodle in the m/wave to dry off and fried him (poor chap). Anyway, she sued the manufacturer because they didn't state in the manual not to put poodles inside their product...

I allways liked the one about the Woman who rented the Motorhome.
While driving down the road she left the wheel to make a cuppa....

this mr ide in my opinion needs a rather big slap :twisted: and to accept the incident as it was just bad luck nothing more. i hate leeches didn't put up with them in the navy wont put up with them on civvy street. :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Lid":2t411jes said:
I allways liked the one about the Woman who rented the Motorhome.
While driving down the road she left the wheel to make a cuppa....
No way :shock: that is a classic. I'd loved to seen her face after the accident plus i bet plod had a good ol laugh down at the station. :LOL:

a mate won some compensation from Shimano a few years ago after his crank broke while honking uphill leaving him with stitches and chipped front teeth. It was the actual metal that failed as opposed to the connection with the BB. Took him a year and a half to get anywhere tho!

How can that be !! Ide could have fallen off before and weakened the metal no of course not it MUST be a manufactors defect. In light of this I would like to sue Muddy Fox after the frame cracked on my 3rd hand bike !! (and yes I was wearing a helmet... bring on the money :twisted: )

Can i sue Muddy fox for when i rode into the back of a car and cut my chest open. The forks should not have bent back :LOL: :LOL: :cry: Also can i sue the speedo maker as i was busy looking at it rather than look at the rode :shock: :LOL: :cry: :roll:

Back