18lb, 4oz ...of Tom's finest steel.. . :) updates page 5

Owen wrote :

I remember as a spotty youth BITD I could never really understand the fuss around Ritchey frames..

..as I've got older I have definitely come to appreciate the understated beauty and subtle yet impressive design.. so there is a benefit to getting old!

Anyway.. that is one lovely bike you have there sir!

Thanks for that,, yea the P is so understated , thats one of the beautiful things about it,, tbh ,, I dont think there is any other bike I would change/replace this for..

klappkettler wrote :

beautiful bike:)

could you tell us a bit how,s the ride?
do you take it to the limits or are you taken there?

cheers christof

The ride is razor sharp in the handling, you do need your wits about you,, the feedback is phenomenal , you can feel everything,, but at the same time its so comfy to ride..

I ride it to within my limits , I think the bike will never be taken to 'its' limits , as that would require a much much fitter rider than me,, :)

bonty98 wrote :

This bike is really about racing
Great stuff!
Jan

Agreed jan,, it was designed as a race bike and I have tried to improve and add to that :)

Here's another couple of upgrades..

10th anniversary Sram 'betsy' rear mech,, this will be future tuned to reduce the weight slighty.. ;)
And a full Ti 12-28 rear cassette goes on with the addition of a 9th 33t Tom Ritchey ring to make this a true 2 x 9 setup :)

Weight well you will have to wait for that.. ;)

Thanks Rich,, I think its a love or hate thing... I was not sure tbh when I fitted it but it does grow on you,, and really like the way the colours are a good match to the paint.. :),, the bike is nearly shimano free now too .. :)

Yea Mike I have the matching shifters too,,both the mech and the shifters were NOS... :) not sure if I will use them though,, as I want to run the ritchey's ;)

Full shot is a few days away as there is still some tweaking to be done.. ;)

Latest posts

Back