SSEC 2010 ~ Roll Call!

Spectators are free but you won't get into the pre/post party, prize giving etc.
Best thing to do if you want to watch the event is head for pedalabikeaway cycle center and head up the hill.

Intending to head over soon although need to wash the HoNC mud off the bike first (not that I want a clean bike you understand but I've got to at least give the little wife an impression that I'll keep the car clean).

I have a feeling of apprehension about being in a field of 400 fools though.....

Just returned from the weekends event, good to meet some old Retrobike faces as well as new ones.

I'm a little red in the arms and face (from sun not beer), with slightly weary legs but with a light heart and a general spring in my step. Real credit has to be given to the organisers for putting on such a great event - the course was pretty much perfect with challenges for experienced faster riders but not at the expense of the faint of heart. But the real clincher was the atmosphere - laid back and friendly, relaxed but keen on riding bikes and having a beer. Ambiance like that cannot be faked or produced on tap and it speaks volumes for the dedication, enthusiasm and general good nature of the people in charge.

This is coming over as a bit warm and fuzzy - but it really was that good.

Cracking weekend :D
Fors:
Outstanding weather.
Fab course.
A few hundred very chilled out people.
Mucho beero :D
Did i mention the weather :cool:

Against:
So knackered on saturday night I hit the hay at 9.30 :(

All in all a brilliant weekend, thankyou Mark ;)
Nice one Sheldon :D

Re: .

Grannygrinder":3ita8sid said:
All in all a brilliant weekend, thankyou Mark ;)

Gutted to have missed it, but delighted you enjoyed the weekend in my absence Grannygrinder. Sounds like a fabulous event, well done Sheldon.

Sheldon and his Forest of Doom cheese eating crew produced the best SS event I've been to so far helped ably by fantastic day time weather :D :D :D

The course was tough but rideable, the encouragement great and the Freeminer beer VERY nice :cool:

Finally the Belgians were a great laugh and I look forward to SSEC11 in Belgium, go for it Bruno !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and the mtb'ing Robots were a tour de force :LOL:

Thanks guys! It very nearly didn't happen too due to some technical stuff but a weeks worth of late nights and going over budget we did it and to be honest it was worth the grief and hassle although I don't think I'd do it again.

However all we did was make sure you guys had some where to stay, somewhere to ride and something to eat and drink, the rest was you lot, so thanks for making our work worth while!

Oh and in case anyone was wondering we drank 134gallons of Freeminers, which includes the 36 that someone bought out on the course ;-)

Back