Pro-flex content (for SLIM)

LQQK

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
LQQK having any trouble finding bits .
my frame didnt have rear brake rocker thing ????? on and cant find a replacement , even e mailed an owner in finland to see if he had one .
any ideas ?

The rear shock sort of melted, so I cut up an old sandal that had a thick sole of dense rubber, seems to work OK!

I was thinking of going to a set of magura rim brakes if I could find a cheapish set off ebay - if I do, you can have the brake rocker thing off this one if you need it.

The 555 I have is still the standard set up (full 7 speed STX-RC) and ultra crap AFT forks. Only really need to replace forks and maybe go to 8sp, as separate 7sp pods would be pretty had to find.

HI
if you need new MCU (elastomers ) theres a company called CVI
that still sell them and frame rebuild kits ( this includes all the plastic bushings for the rear swingarm front and rear plus the cool rubber bungs for the front with the PROFLEX name on , they even supply the grease )
the MCU cost 16.95 each and you need two OUCH !!!!!!!
i was lucky my frame still had them on and after a few days on the
shelf above the hot water tank they were as good as new
the rebuild kits are 19.95 OUCH AGAIN !!!!!!!!!
but this was worth it for the PROFLEX bungs
they are on the web just put in CVI
or ring them on 01405760030
if you do upgrade the brakes i will definately take the part
i did machine a part to replace the rocker but there doesnt look to be enough room between the tyre and the bit i made to pull the cable far enough to apply the brakes ( 20mm between the bit and the straddle wire if i remember right ) while leaving enough room for the suspension to operate.
what was the original spec as i asked K2 ( bought out PROFLEX )
and they didnt have any info
this one had some real cheap and nasty v brakes on the rear probably for the same reason as im having trouble finding the rocker .
thanks for reply
SLIM

Back