Coolwall - Klein

Coolwall - Klein

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Neil G":319j6ktg said:
Some of the prettiest (Koi, Gator & Dolomite paint jobs) but also some of the sh*ttiest as well (Night Storm)...Mantra was poop as well.

What´s wrong with Nightstorm?
KLEINAttitudeNightStorm1995.jpg

NightStormFrameSet1995.jpg

I know a lot peoples that dont like a Storm...

storm1.jpg

rosstheboss":ly5gesxs said:
Uncool. I wonder how much a Klein costs without the twatty paint job?
To advertise them with Porsche just highlights the snob factor too.
And then trek bummed them. Say no more!!"

Ahahahaha!

I was going to say that I respected some of their innovative features - If not the tasteless paintjobs and crazy 2nd-hand prices.

But I think you just changed my mind --> Uncool.

:LOL: :LOL:

And yes: The one-off "Wolfman" paint job = extremely creepy and uncool.

errrr

I used to dream about owning a Klein back in the early 90's .

But until five minutes ago I wondered why . It's the bloody ad campaign clearly aimed at teenagers who aspire to own boutique gear weather it be bikes or bags , clothes or cars .

Looking at the ad campaign now knocks me a little sick , and smacks of total bollocks !

The bikes are ok I suppose but ride sooo harsh , I also remember one of the mountain bike rags having trouble getting the rear wheel to stay in situ . Something about there not being enough metal around the micro drop outs for the QR flange to grip to :shock: .

The paint jobs are cool :cool: , they really are but , if you ride the bloody thing as it's intended how long is it going to last ? How the hell would you touch it up too ?? And how much would touch cost , if you could get it ???

The other thing is I could never , ever work out why they where so expensive . Even after the Truck , sorry Trek take over , which surely should have brought the costs down :? .

So for me it's going to be cool paint job on just another fat tubed bike i'm afraid ,

Totally uncool guys . :)

What's wrong with Nightstorm...IMO pretty much everything, just OTT in every way. Better suited to Chopper motorcycles that don't get ridden or cheesy American muscle cars.

Never really considered the advertizing aspect of Klein although I do remember the rather nice Attitude advert with the head on picture of a Dolomite version :D

The most overly pretentious bike builders of all time !!! And I love em !!

Dont be a hater just because they really are as good as their reputation !! ;) :LOL:

Tough for me as the early ones are defo cool in my book but most after the mid 90's seem to be something else pretending to be Kleins.

Since this is retrobike though it has to be cool. :cool:

Agree with most of the overpriced/pretentious ads comments and if it wasn't for Tinker Juarez I'd be voting uncool. But images of him powering up hills in the big ring on that Klein are burnt into my teenage memory. So cool it is I'm afraid.

I'm definitely going to have to vote cool. Both because I drooled over them and actually wound up getting 2 (looking at a third EEK)

like that ad says, the only thing better than a klein is two....

and my dad drives a porsche....

Back