Kona Toffee Racer

Not everyone has the same tastes, each to his own. Note the correct year though - your bike is also a 98. If it was a 97, it would be made of Columbus Max like chiringuita's and would ride quite differently.

Attachments

• 1998 Explosif 853 size 17 at Bow Hill.jpg
    1998 Explosif 853 size 17 at Bow Hill.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 1,563
Anthony":1a21fbnh said:
Not everyone has the same tastes, each to his own. Note the correct year though - your bike is also a 98. If it was a 97, it would be made of Columbus Max like chiringuita's and would ride quite differently.

Yes, you are right! It's a 98. I was so anxious to post it, I started typing in the AD ->97 thread, and afterwards I doubted. 97s didn t have that blue.
If moderators consider it innadequate, please move this to the corresponding thread.

Yours doesn t look bad with the matching fork, but my paint was in poor condition, and I had to respray it eitherway, so I risked a little and eventually came out fine...

Plans are: ....It's alredy buit up. Singlespeed, 32x16, and waiting for the sun to come out to be taken some pics... No bling or red though. It started as a bike to comute, so most of the parts are modern and simple, but in my opinion it really looks good. Hope in a couple of days I can post it.

I normally prefer original colour schemes, but that is MUCH better! Almost edible in butterscotch cream sort of way. ;)

Good work!

cachopo man":1009nisb said:
I have always wanted a Kona Explosif 94-96.
After looking for one in size 18, without dents or big scratches at a reasonable prize, I gave up and bought a 97 one. I find it much uglier, but it still had the 853 tubing.

It started out as a bike to comute, so no bling in the components, and I also didn´t want to spend a fortune on Nos parts. I took some bits I had and bought some other second hand regular ones.

Hi,
just like to say how nice the frame looks :eek: :eek: ..at present still looking for a retro as per my signature..but i might go for a build and by the bits as i go :p :p ..this colour scheme has made me think.. ;) ;)
Nice one Ernie :)

ernie":1mieti3k said:
cachopo man":1mieti3k said:
I have always wanted a Kona Explosif 94-96.
After looking for one in size 18, without dents or big scratches at a reasonable prize, I gave up and bought a 97 one. I find it much uglier, but it still had the 853 tubing.

It started out as a bike to comute, so no bling in the components, and I also didn´t want to spend a fortune on Nos parts. I took some bits I had and bought some other second hand regular ones.

Hi,
just like to say how nice the frame looks :eek: :eek: ..at present still looking for a retro as per my signature..but i might go for a build and by the bits as i go :p :p ..this colour scheme has made me think.. ;) ;)
Nice one Ernie :)

You can get many ideas from flicker.
Just type NAHBS and start looking...
This scheme is quite similar to a Baum Espresso I fell in love with. You can easily find it in flickr also. I really like Baum paints. There is another with Martini colors... gorgeous. Vicious cycles has one combining metallic brown with baby blue for the diagonal and seat tube and thin white stripes that is also awesome...

Back