what do you think of 29ers?

gump":98cp4wi6 said:
John,
Do you know Nightfire? Bit of a 29er man. But they are huge :shock:

Not sure who or what he is? A person or a brand? Local to us?

I love single speeds, I had loads. Of all the bikes I've ever owned, including hardtails, geared and full sussers , the On-one 29er was the BEST riding and worst made bike of all. I had a refund after 4 weeks. Beautiful ride ( especially for tall people ). Rolled over terrain like a German armoured division. Like a Bontrager to MY scale.
Sh*t welding, poor R+D on the V brakes, no quality control on the " bag-o-bits " to assemble the sliding drop-outs ( every part either missing, unfinished or broken after 3 rides ) and it NEVER EVER, even with my strength on the allan keys, was able to maintain chain tension.

Gil,

cool ride btw. What is it?

Agency,

is that indicitive of all on ones? Or did you have a baddun'

my tinbreds ok :D
I think..

nightfire aka Phil T
Lives in Kenilworth or Leam I think, bit of a singlespeeder, organises a few races etc. Only been out a couple of times with him with a coventry biking club thing.
Someone who can out nerd me about bikes :D

I've owned ALL On-ones and they were excellently made ( apart, of course from the poor quality white paintwork which is like an in-joke with owners ). I was SO p*ssed off with the atrocious quality and finish of the 29er ( my " last " Inbred ). Brant was very good with the whole thing and sorted out a refund, no problem.

I had a tinbred and I have to say the finish was superb. Never had a 29er though - don't know what they are for. Duh.

Back