Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Thought we'd already done this one but it would seem not.

So for April 2010 the coolwall vote will be Klein. We'll leave this wide open and not specify a date or model. The company as a whole should be judged, both pre-Trek and post-Trek.

As ever, some pics.

main.php

main.php

pict0397_202.jpg

storm16.jpg

ddusa.jpg

Cool for cats or yuppie special? You decide ;)

i'm gonna have to go with uncool. (also note the lack of an apology smiley there! :LOL: ) i bet this vote result ends up cool though

some klein paint jobs are cool, that's for sure and i accept that some of the technology and ideas in the frames are amazing but i feel that that technology is also geeky which can equal uncool.

also the advert with 2 kleins on the porsche, to me it suggests that the bikes are for people who could afford a porsche, meaning the rich or older guy who retired coz he can afford to! and those people are gits!! :LOL:

also when in the trade (not that i have sold them) i found alot of the owners of these bikes that i had to deal with were pillocks!! the armchair engineer types :LOL: although that would have mainly been the later models as most of the kleins pictured are from before i was in the trade.

the prices 2nd hand are stupid and unrealistic and stupid and stupid, did i mention stupid?

also the wolfman . . . . nuff said :roll:

my 2p . . . there's the grenade and i have pulled the pin!! i await your abuse!! :LOL:

Cool, and I would love to own one (or at least have a ride on one, along with a Fat).

And is it my eyes, or is the seatpost bent slightly on the last Attitude pic above?

jonnyboy666":2u2lhglw said:
also the advert with 2 kleins on the porsche, to me it suggests that the bikes are for people who could afford a porsche, meaning the rich or older guy who retired coz he can afford to! and those people are gits!! :LOL:

There were a couple of Porsche/Klein ads but there was also this which was a completely different campaign called "Priorities", the theme being that the guy in this ad values and spends a lot more on his bike than he did on his vehicle.

Attachments

• Copy.jpg
    Copy.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 3,973
  • Adroit.jpg
    Adroit.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 3,973
yeah but i bet they put that advert out after the porshce one because they realised they insulted less well off people!! :LOL:

jonnyboy666":wy7y6nfc said:
yeah but i bet they put that advert out after the porshce one because they realised they insulted less well off people!! :LOL:

So when you see car wax ads that feature a Ferrari, you run and buy furniture polish instead? When you see an ad of the hot model girl alongside cigarettes/restaurant/shampoo, you feel insulted and buy something else instead? Somehow I doubt that. :D

Back