1994 Univega CB S8.3

tony gti-r

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked this up last week from the for sale section.

Looked up the spec on bikepedia but didnt like the mix of components so thought I would go with a STX MC32 groupset

So far I have:

NOS 7 speed Shifter/levers
NOS Front Mech
Rear Mech
NOS Crankset
Mavic Dakar hubs with Mavic 231 CD rims
A few choice 3DV bits that may or may not go on

Here are some pics of it as it sits:

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Finding an AMP F1 fork will probably be the hardest job but I have some Judys that will go on until I find one.

Still need to source a headset and seatclamp bolt/QR then I`ll have nearly everything to build it up.

Tony....

Nice! I have a soft spot for old Univega's and was very tempted with this myself! :shock: However I really want to find a Boralyn one.. :?

Look forward to seeing it built! :D

legrandefromage":2swiubos said:
Thats very nice but I wouldnt use the STX chainset as its prob heavier than the frame

Its not too bad actually and its probably going to be exactly the same weight as the LX one that was meant to go on it.

My Alvio/STX equipped 501 was a similar weight to my LX/XT equipped 506 probably only grams in it lol

Tony.... ;)

BITD I ran STX cranks with a Pace (IIRC) adaptor allowing the use of standard compact BCD (IIRC) chainrings, meaning the heavy pressed steel rings could be dumped. It was a nice trick bit of kit and could be an awesome upgrade if you could find one for this.. just an idea.. :roll:

Lovely frame.

Highly underated brand I'd say.

An old team mate of mine got a semi pro contact racing for them in the late 90's, although I just learnt he obviously ditched that as he is now a trick motorcycle rider :roll:

Few more bits turned up in the post today!

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

Just waiting on the Rear mech and Canti brakes to turn up then I`ll get hold of a headset and start to build it up!

Tony.... ;)

clockworkgazz":33rytv49 said:
that will look the dugs baws :cool:

Thanks bud!

Just missed a NOS set of AMP F1s` on ebay! :cry:

But those carbon ones in the for sale section would be top bannana for this!

Think its gonna sit as is now till I come back from Vegas, unless my trip is cancelled because of this stupid volcano :evil:

Guess I`ll have no excuses not to spend the refund on it if it does tho lol
;)

Tony....

Back