Blackmount/Glen Etive - Sat24/Sun25 APRIL AFTERMAaaa.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have been on my sisters bike(my old Saracen) for the last 10 years and her idea of looking after a bike is to dust it :LOL:

clockworkgazz":2s2km0x9 said:
hers the thorny one

pannier.jpg

Longer twisted metal straps connecting to your seat bolt?

Ahhh - been suggested already :oops:

Ferryman charges £20 all in :D

The Ken":2vb7o6u8 said:
Just read "river crossing" - I did think some of those blue lines on the map looked a bit big, should I bring waders and 30m of rope.... and canoe? Water might be a bit wild this time of year.

This should be ok - just letting you know you're likely to get wet feet. When I went over last year it was approx 12" - 20" deep (knees) and 20 - 25 yards across :shock: :LOL:

Unlikely to be a raging torrent unless it hammers down the preceding 4/5 days. Will keep an eye on it. All other rivers have good bridges (inc one suspension type which wobbles alarmingly at the lightest footstep :cry:

Not had a chance to get any supplies in yet and limited time to do so - will if i can.

Been trying dehydrated food - it sucks.

Old Man Mountain racks imported by Carradice use special skewers to attach to wheel axles so no need of rack mounts.

Also Carradice do bagman Supports which are heavey duty wire support connected to your saddle rails for supporting a saddlebag or lashing a sleeping bag to ;)

Surly do a rack that mounts onto the top of forks rear triangle and attaches to brake bosses.

Finally you can get lowrider racks that connect to the fork crowns of suspension forks so that the bags ride on the suspended part of the bike.

However I just bodge a solution such as strapping rolled up sleeping bag to front of bikes main triangle so its out of range of your knees with bungee cords.

Hope all that helps ;)

Ive got a pile of fixings,clamps and the like.I'll bring them along ,you can use to reinforce if you need to.

:D

Wobbly bridge 40' above River Awe :mrgreen:

bianchi229.jpg

Actually much narrower than it looks in photo. Note EEC std safety mesh :roll:

Close up of the rack mount please Gazz.I will be able to see if any of the bits i have will be any good,or i can see whats needed and perhaps suggest a solution :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back