lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
not even remotely retro but thought some might like to see it.

spotted by andyb in the classifieds on the stw forum i snapped the frame and chaintugs up for £115 posted, well actually £113.89 as that was all i had in my paypal account!

frame arrived and it was spot on. everything else was bits and bobs left over from other builds.

fork is a reba sl and i love it. frame is 18" and i'm not particularly tall so it is currently running a 40mm stem (thanks mike) wheels are mavic cross lands off my old rocky mountain and brakes are mono mini's off my airborne.

gearing is currently 42/18 which is ok for my area and in the dry but definately too high for anywhere wet or hilly.

plan over time is black race face components. i have some cranks at the min but they are compact and dont have any rings for it. got a 36 and 39 on the way so that should help the gearing.

i think i am happy with the frame so in the summer i am planning on chopping the gear cable guides and mech hanger off and painting the frame.

2vs0oq0.jpg

clean pics

2r7st9x.jpg

2qteeqa.jpg

spec.

18" sterling moss green sliding drop out inbred.

fork reba sl

headset. bottom half el cheapo, top half ritchey

bar and stem tioga courtesy of mikef350. done as a temporary measure as i didnt have a stem lett than 100mm but i really like the ride so it is staying

wheels mavic crossland

tyres michelin xc

un7* bottom bracket

race face cramk with 39 tooth azonics d.h. ring (36 in stock ready for winter/hilly terrain

brakes are early hope minis

seatpost. first pic is black tioga which is the one i'm using along with an old flite. pictures here show a kalloy/slr as i'd used the tioga on something else

pedals are single sided spd with propper bmx style on the reverse.

grips are ritchey foam, naturally.

nice.
I like the on-one geometry, nice long top tubes. glad the shorter stem is working for you

Latest posts

Back