Pawn Shop Find of the Decade!! KLEIN CONTENT!

Fattyboombatty

Old School Hero
I almost had a heart attack upon seeing this one in a pawn shop! Of course it had a big fluffy woman's saddle, a bell and a ton of reflectors and plastic pedals!
All that crap aside I walked away with a near perfect 1995 Attitude in Coral Reef! I swapped a few things out as soon as I got home...the saddle and pedals were replaced immediately of course and I swapped the Judy XC for a 63mm SL I had sitting around that rides much smoother. Unfortunately no matching Klein fork with this one, but hey!

This thing is loaded with period correct components as well, including:

Cook Bros RSR cranks
Pauls Cross Stop brakes
Ringle/XT wheels
Control tech post
Mix of XT, LX drivetrain
Ringle H2O cage

I still have to get new shifters to replace the old Grip Sh*t that are on there and probably new grips and levers. Also, it is probably on the small side, as I usally ride an 18" so I may look into a Thomson lay back post with some length (410mm). I am still in shock and had to post this for some comments. I am not at liberty to tell the price for fear of death threats ;)

Attachments

• klein 001.jpg
    klein 001.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 2,350
  • klein 003.jpg
    klein 003.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 2,349
  • klein 004.jpg
    klein 004.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2,350
  • klein 009.jpg
    klein 009.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,349
Nice!
I love when that happens.
I love the color.
Had a near NOS 94 in that same color way.
In Germany now.:)

Attachments

• IMG_3850_10_1.JPG
    IMG_3850_10_1.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 2,331
Fantastic. Just hope it's not someone's pride and joy that had been liberated. I'd love to find something like that in an unlikely place.

Holy mother of god! I felt good finding a pack of 3 innertubes in my charity shop for a quid and you find my unicorn!!!
Pleased for you though, it could easily have gone to someone clueless who paints in matt black and uses it on his paper round. At least it's getting loved :cool:
Wonder what its story is? Someone dropped some serious wedge on that back in the day, it's a lot of moneys worth to just give away and forget about!

street":2bw11nx1 said:
Wonder what its story is? Someone dropped some serious wedge on that back in the day, it's a lot of moneys worth to just give away and forget about!

he found it in a pawn shop (think cash converters - run out of money and they load you cash secured agianst an asset. if you dont pay back by a particular time they sell your goods.) so probably a sad story

lewis1641":iq427yo6 said:
run out of money and they load you cash secured agianst an asset. if you dont pay back by a particular time they sell your goods.) so probably a sad story

indeed.

Sweet Baby Jesus of Nazareth! What a dream find. Even looks pretty clean. You need to tell us what you paid.

Back