MASI GRAN CRITERIUM 1975 (Faliero Masi) FRAME and FORK

veperri

Retro Newbie
Just restored with new decals, MASI GRAN CRITERIUM 1975 welded by Faliero Masi

Frame and fork S/N M50J
Top tube 57 c-c
Seat tube 57 c-t

800 EURO

Sorry not welded, but "saldobrasata" (brazed)

I have some pics, but my be too big
I can send the pics by e-mail

Let me know
[/img]

pics too big? why don't you try

http://www.dropbox.com

it's free & super easy to use, check it out

i'd like to see the pics too (although i'll have to sell some bikes before i could dream of buying the f&f)

Is that the same Masi that had his workshop under the Vigorelli velodrome and used to make Merckx's frames?

Hello Steve,
Yes is the same MASI
Faliero Masi -- the father -- not yet in the business (I don't know if Faliero alive
Faliero was framebuilder for Fausto Coppi, Fiorenzo Magni, Alfredo Martini, Luison Bobet e, più tardi, Jacques Anquetil, Roger Rivière, Antonio Maspes, Ferdinand Bracke, Eddy Merckx, Rick Van Looy, Felice Gimondi e Vittorio Adorni

Alberto Masi -- The son -- already in the business in your workshop under the Vigorelli velodrome

My MASI is an Faliero Masi

Yes is the same MASI
.... in which case, I believe that these were the most exclusive frames of their time. The only current equivalent that I can think of may well be something like the De Rosa King 3 or Pinarello Prince, although even these may fall slightly short of the Masi in terms of exclusivity.

Please get a photo on here. 800 Euros may well be a bargain for somebody.

Spot on pigman.
The hero rode a Masi.
Faliero Masi died in 2000, possibly the greatest frame maker of all time.
The frame number points, very much to the frame being made by Faliero.
The frame number M xxxx meaning it was made in Milano, if it had being V xxxx, would have being contract made in Verona (possibly by Mario Confente), MC xxxx would have being made by US Masi.
There are quite a few website's with more Masi info.
And yes i would love to own the frame, but the mrs does'nt agree....... :cry:

Back