Early Marin help what model/year???

JeRkY":ma2o4myi said:
I must admit I thought the Quakes came in 1997, 95 seems a bit early, I dont recall the quakes having anything but V's and they came in on mass in 97.

mine was a 97 quake, with v's

Hi
Yeah defo a quake 5.0 i just stripped it down and re-greased/placed some bits and pieces and now riding a dream got an X-fusion rear shock which i would highly recommend. Oh and a respray found a local powdercoater who did it for £50! Also defo a 1997 as i got the catalogue for marin bike 1997 and there it is! Oh Jay there was one on ebay the other week frame was sound just needed everything else! Think it went for about £180...

Let me know what you think of it now...still with slicks on at the mo but onza porcs on standby!

Wookiee

Attachments

• GetAttachment2.jpg
    GetAttachment2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 3,563
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 3,563
wookiee":3dw6m8x4 said:
Hi
Yeah defo a quake 5.0 i just stripped it down and re-greased/placed some bits and pieces and now riding a dream got an X-fusion rear shock which i would highly recommend. Oh and a respray found a local powdercoater who did it for £50! Also defo a 1997 as i got the catalogue for marin bike 1997 and there it is! Oh Jay there was one on ebay the other week frame was sound just needed everything else! Think it went for about £180...

Let me know what you think of it now...still with slicks on at the mo but onza porcs on standby!

Wookiee

thanks fella, so they do come up from time to time on flea bay then?

looksgood buy the way but in my opinion you needto sticker it up :p

In the 4 or so years ive owned it ive seen 2 on ebay so still hard to come by. Yeah want to get some decals just need to decide...a mate of mine is a graphic artisit and says he can do some for me...was thinking blood red or going out there with a digital camo...

legrandefromage":27xveoat said:
there was a rigid box section version too.

it was a former benetton bloke behind the suspension design, jon whyte?

I had the hardtail version (was nicked in the French Alps by some burly carnies), but can't find it anywhere! Anyone heard of them around? Marin Monocoque - it doesn't turn up on the bay as far as I can see...

[edit: here's a pic... if it works...]

l_194de45000ff4cef93cf640236589618.jpg

So is the Quake 9.0 quite special? I've had one for years and was thinking of selling it, but I have never actually investigated it's background before now. Mine has some Rockshox Judys on the front with Magura HS33 brakes and an XT/Bontranger drivetrain. I have only really ever used it on the road and found it quite comfy for ironing out the country lanes.
Seeing the pic of the hardtail is quite a revelation as I have never seen another Quake 9.0 let alone a hard tail one?

Yeah I don't know about special, but they're certainly rare. The hardtail particularly so. The [more] modern Quakes and Mount Visions are pretty common though so if you're thinking of selling you won't get £trillions I'm afraid.

To be honest, the hardtail I owned wasn't that great to ride! It was super stiff; almost unbelievably so, and was pretty heavy as far as frames go. I think if I found a cheap frame on eBay I'd probably use it as wall decoration rather than trail hack!

But a full sus with XT/bonty and HS33s sounds like a good bike to me; enjoy it! :)

wookiee":1d9uwx8t said:
Hi
Oh and a respray found a local powdercoater who did it for £50! Wookiee

can I ask the most humblest of ways..why pub bike brown?

Back