Blackmount/Glen Etive - Sat24/Sun25 APRIL AFTERMAaaa.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get you kind of, might be a lot of stress on the one point? I have seen these p joint jobbies so might go to the LBS to get a couple and see if they work, need the panniers to keep ma beers in ;)

clockworkgazz":34o5c7nw said:
Got some p-clips and these seem to be a good solution- anyone else coming to this thang?

Pics

Come on let us have a private bet as to whether your panniers are going to fall off ;) :LOL:

I have rack and panniers in the normal manner - just can't get Pans to say put over bumpy ground :evil:

If all else fails 'll mount sleeping bag and mat along the rack, with everything else going in smallish backpack :D

Wrap your bottle of whiskey[for its medicinal qualities]inside the sleeping bag,putting it inside stops it falling out the rolled ends.then roll it all in the mat.Even if you fall off the bottle remains intact to drown your sorrows and ease those injuries.
I believe it also mends bones and cures rheumatism ;)

My warm sleepingbag is huge rolled up! - no rack solution yet for me, I have no bosses at all, being a race specific frame (came out the factory like that)

I was considering one of those alloy racks that clamp to the seatpost only but as I have only seen them in Tesco's I wonder if they will last.

I may bite the bullet and buy a compact sleeping bag as they are small enough to mount hanging from the bars - it's just a little early in the season temperature wise though.

Good Itinery Mr P - looks like there is plenty time for contingency other than the crossing, but that should be ok.

How much do we need to pay the Ferryman?

Mr Panda":14k1dyyy said:
I have rack and panniers in the normal manner - just can't get Pans to say put over bumpy ground :evil:

If all else fails 'll mount sleeping bag and mat along the rack, with everything else going in smallish backpack :D

I did think that way to, route does look a bit bumpy and like the whisky idea dyna.

pay the ferryman is that not a song by hawkwind?

Gaz just had a look at you rack, extend the metal bands and fix them to the seatpost clamp bolt - seen a few doen that way.

Just read "river crossing" - I did think some of those blue lines on the map looked a bit big, should I bring waders and 30m of rope.... and canoe? Water might be a bit wild this time of year.

they are fully extended already and can't even replace them as the bolts are rusted tight (another area of potential disaster dyna :LOL: ) the clips will work fine, think i'll try one pannier as back packs are a pain in the behind.

bolts are rusted tight

I saw them,i just couldnt connect such a nice guy to complete and wanton disregard of maintenance ;) :LOL: :LOL:
If you want to extend them,why not take a look in B&Q for some straight steel brackets.Usually about 4" long by3/4" with holes drilled along its length.but im sure they come in many sizes.
You should find them in the joinery dept,or in the fixings aisle :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back