Five steps of RetroBiking...(so far)

More Zeitgeist

24) One of your early retro-build projects keeps getting parts swapped out, upgraded and re-painted. Then some smart alec from Retrobike says it'd look good with x or y (which they just happen to have for sale...), so you add these. Of course your original vision has long gone out of the window, it went the same time as that 'notional' budget you set yourself... "Hey, the frame only cost me £20 so how come I've spent £646.32 on parts for it??"

You then get suckered into bidding for the universally admired parts that place your bike upon a pedestal (the disc drive; the white porc etc.) - even though you hate yourself for buying the king's new clothes.

Then you swap out the frame because the parts are too good for it, blissfully unaware that it's not the same project you started out with all those months ago....

:shock:

25) Finally, when you finally feel confident enough in your steed that you can enter BOTM, you wheel the bike to an exotic location, stop the traffic, get out a ton of dated photographic equipment, snap like crazy with passers-by dolefully shaking their heads and muttering about care in the community programmes, get home, tweak the image in PhotoShop and upload.

As the competition progresses you find to your utter shame and embarrassment that there is a dumb flaw - like the chain's missing, or the tread of the tyre is facing the wrong way... Oh, if only the ground beneath you would swallow you up!

:oops:

Re: More Zeitgeist

mrkawasaki":1drqx1yr said:
- like the chain's missing, or the tread of the tyre is facing the wrong way... :

The front wheel is on backwards. Look away Newbees (ie inner spokes are facing forwards).

Oh dear oh dear.

Reading this I can kinda see why me girl thinks I'm a sad Tw@t...

BUT I DON'T CARE!!

Lid":4lo9frc9 said:
mrkawasaki":4lo9frc9 said:
- like the chain's missing, or the tread of the tyre is facing the wrong way... :

The front wheel is on backwards. Look away Newbees (ie inner spokes are facing forwards).
:shock:

:LOL:

Lid":13fepo60 said:
mrkawasaki":13fepo60 said:

How many people are now checking their front wheels? :LOL:

mrkawasaki":1z7yefk7 said:
how come I've spent £646.32 on parts for it??"

25. You know you spent £646.32 because you have 'a spreadsheet' detailing all your bikes parts and what they cost you. As you progress, you add the weight of each part to the sheet and start to wonder which parts can be swapped out to get the bike below 20lb.

ah now I've done the spreadsheet thing, but only as a means to justify costs i.e. every time I ride to work I take the cost saved of petrol off the price of parts I've bought. Everytime I make my own sandwich instead of buying one that's another £2 saved off the parts list etc etc

14. checking out all the bikes parked up next to the train statiuon or in town, and every now and then you spot a good one :LOL:

Back