RETROBIKE ROAD RIDE - Would anyone be interested?

It is John, I'll get a thread up in the rides section soon to formalise the event and have it added to the rides calender.

Hey, my neck o' the woods (ish).

I'd love to make one, I know the Womersley area pretty well from club runs gone by. I'd call it flat but LGF might find it a bit lumpy ;)

What is the requirement for the bike, currently I have a choice of an interesting Fila hybrid or a Specialized Sequoia from 2003 - does that count as retro?

better get one or 'tuther fixed for hills then.

Norman or Citrus?

might have something entirely different by then

At the moment I dont have a racing bike as such as my black steel lemond is now a pile of bubble wrap bits to be loaded on ebay with the Red & white project also well underway on ebay to pay for project period, hoping that I can find the remaining parts in time for the Lemond carbon as this is now a period build, not doing too bad just missing a C Record front hub that is pretty crucial on a bike build, if not it will be either my knock around RBK Mountain bike (not very retro at all (Circa 2006 !!) or I will be the team car, or better still spend my time at the cake shop :LOL:

Been away for a few days so not really up to speed yet. I'll get the Classic Bike Display over with this weekend and then get to see Claire at the cafe and arrange things in a bit more detail and get the route properly worked out.

Any more definite attendees yet?

As far as bikes are concerned, it's being there that's more important than the bike!

As far as bikes are concerned, it's being there that's more important than the bike![/quote]

Thats ok Ned, I can still wear my jersey (eyes to the left would which one that would be ;) ) even if I have a pile of NOS bits not put together at home. Should have the rear mech and front mech by the weekend that just means I need the front hub and a set of Vittoria Tubs that are non existant at the mo.

Back