GT Xizang 1990ish buildish jobbie...Updated. 01-05-10

gt

:D
thats one sweet build, congrats dude!

never had the chance to thrash one of those rigs but always been top of the wish list since andrew wright teased the inverness boys with a works xizang :LOL: :LOL:

Amazing. You've build this from scrap. Really nice job. Got u-brake pivots from your frame :oops: Where did you get new ones?
(edit) I'm sorry, should read more carefully it's metal worker job :shock: Brilliant.

manitou916":1r6q8si4 said:
That's one Xizang saved from life as a workshop stool ;) Nice job.

It wasn't a workshop stool, it was a garage rag hanger!
Indeed, that weld looks very neat and incongruous, and the build looks good too. Great work!

The matte finish is surprisingly nice on your Xizang, so used to seeing them bright and mirrorish that my first thought on bead blasting it was: "Oh no...", until I saw the result

Looking very good :)

Looking schweet Kase. IIRC, there was a right and a wrong was to cross over the straddle wire for the rear brake. I think that the loose end of the straddle in the pic needs to go under the other wire rathen than over as per teh pic, and the need for the plastic sleeving goes awayy. As I say, IIRC, it was a long time ago singe I played with one. Looking good mate- does it ride ok?

took her for a 2 hour ride today and im knackered, and i forgot how much i miss shocks!

Changed the rear mech to a pauls jobbie with shifted OK. And done something i haven't done in years, crashed and scratched some ano purple!

Doug.

Attachments

• SDC10658.JPG
    SDC10658.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 879
  • SDC10659.JPG
    SDC10659.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 879
  • SDC10660.JPG
    SDC10660.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 878
  • SDC10661.JPG