complete steel bikes for sale, gazelle, koga and more

peter v

Old School Hero
hiya retrobikers,

joe miura (and before that: Gregorio) pointed me to this forum because the guys over at london fixed gear and single speed are apparently not so keen on retro geared bikes (hm, is that strange, on a single speed & fixed gear forum?? :oops:)

gazelle champion mondial 53 cm c-t - 410 GBP inc postage

Reynolds 531c. Campagnolo Athena equipped, (except front hub - that's a Gipiemme) 6-speed, Mavic rims. 3ttt Bars and stem, new Ritchey saddle, nice Gazelle panto'd Campagnolo shifters.

213nc0k.jpg

koga miyata pro-am 54 cm c-t - 400 GBP inc postage

Shimano 600 group set except brake levers (Shimano 105) 3ttt bars/stem, SR seatpost

50phdt.jpg

gazelle tour de l'avenir - 235 GBP inc postage

97o7rd.jpg

if you click here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=708645#708645
you get a reference & the link to the lfgss forum, there's links to the hi-res pics there too...

just give me a shout at pjvalkema(AT)gmail(DOT)com if you're interested

Hi Peter,

Lush rides. All of them. I guess you're also the man behind the pedro and bartoli site? Why not put up the Batavus also? ..and the Union?

My own Koga Pro Am has been the ride I made most miles on last couple of summers. Pro Am stands for Professional Amateur. It is a semi professional offering by Koga. My Pro Am is the '84 model. Yours look to be a '83. The Pro Am was available as framekit only. Did you (or a previous owner) strip the paint from the tail? I know they are chromed underneath, but I never saw one with unpainted tail.

For them interested: From my own experience I can say the Pro Am is an enjoyable ride. It is a nimble handling bike and I always feel secure on it, no matter whether cobble stones or challenging cornering. It offers not the lively ride my Jan de Reus has, but the Reus is actually in a class of its own.

Nice features of the Pro Am are lush details, excellent coat and built with Lexus-like precission. Of course the FullPro is a step up when you want a lighter tubing and even more lush details, but that would also involve more money and during live something has to be desired ;)

Good luck with the sale!

hi! yes that's me.

thanks for the info on the koga! it's one of the nicest bikes i've seen and i can fully imagine riding around on it (if my legs were shorter). and indeed, the previous owner stripped the blue paint from the rear stays. it wasn't done very nicely and the bike was in a general sorry state so i put in a lot of polishing and detailing, and put on the gold bands to match the decals.

i wasn't sure about being allowed to mention our site (http://www.piedrobartolo.com) as well, so i just put up these bikes i had on 'the other forum' but the sales fell through somehow. another member pointed me here.

these are the bikes we have for sale at the moment, besides the other 3:

Batavus professional

batavusbeterklein.jpg

Merida vintage sports tourer

_DSF3725.jpg

Colner (made by Colnago)

_DSF3560.jpg

Casati

_DSF3690.jpg

Scanabissi Special

_DSF3743.jpg

Union Rini Wagtmans (MOTTA built!)

_DSF3797-filtered.jpg

Yes, you can mention your site.

Maybe you should show the Bat with the greyish tyres. Imo it is a great looker with the setup.

I do not yet have an Union Wagtmans

not sure what you mean, i've not changed the tyres on the batavus. they're tan sidewalls, might be the reflection strip erm... reflecting?

Peter V

What are the sizes and prices of the other bikes you have for sale. I am looking for something 58/59 cm seat tube. The Casati is a beauty..

Hilts

peter v":v59skb89 said:
not sure what you mean, i've not changed the tyres on the batavus. they're tan sidewalls, might be the reflection strip erm... reflecting?

Hmm? :? I thought it was with the greyish tires on the large NL classified site now.

hiya Hilts

the Casati (785 GBP posted) is a bit too tall for you i guess, at 61cm c-t and 58 c-c

i have one size 59 c-t 57 c-c 'thoroughbred' racer: the Colner pictured above (385 GBP posted) for specs & pics see http://www.piedrobartolo.com/piedrobartolo/COLNER.html

also for sale is a Flandria sports/touring bike (235 GBP posted) at 58 c-t and 56 c-c:

33lpke9.jpg

higher res pics here: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/1812174/1/flandria sports tourer?h=6a0610

the batavus is a 57 c-t and 56 c-c (410 GBP posted) and the union rini wagtmans is the same size (365 GBP posted)

Elev12k":3va9t4pa said:
peter v":3va9t4pa said:

Hmm? :? I thought it was with the greyish tires on the large NL classified site now.

yep, you're right, bartolo's been up to something during my holiday last week... ;)

this is how the batavus looks now

xpx1si.png

Back