Colour choice

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I've been donated an S Works M2 frame and forks (many, many thanks Martin) that is structurally sound but could do with a respray.

I'm tempted down two routes:
1) Faithful restoration
2) A frame colour and decal option that Specialized never used

Option 2 sounds much more interesting and so far I've come up with baby blue with orange decals or chocolate brown with yellow decals.

There are bound to be colours that I haven't thought of, any suggestions?

Attachments

• M2.JPG
    M2.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,095
I'd keep to the original colour. I may not have much retro kit on my bikes but i do have the original colour/stickers on the frames. Which i think is important.

Ed,

I don't think there was an S Works M2 in baby blue with orange, but there was an M2 stumpy. Late nineties/ early noughties? And an FSR. Good colour scheme though - Gulf Racing colours always look good.

The Lime green from about the same era looked good (think it was only on FSR's and Rockhoppers. Poss S Works M2?

Bright and glossy would look good on a fat tubed spesh IMO.

How about bringing it right up to date?

Paint it white and get Gil_M to do gothic script decals with some token skulls?

...............I'll get my coat.

Hi Ed,

Nice frame

I had the similar frame. It was minty mint, but paint fell off by looking at. I read it is was a common issue with early S-works M2 frames.

220933457_def99e6eeb.jpg

I think this was the 1992 M2 Pro. The model above it was the M2 Team. That was red wit yellow decals. An option?

This isnt a rare item that you need to be worried about for future generations. Gay Girl say Go Ballistic.

:LOL: wise words lid!!

Go for your life ed, get wild with the paint!! Gulf colours may look pretty good actually, good call.

Don't talk about baby blue though, just deciding what colour to paint my SO Orange Prestige.. :roll:

A lot of the early M2s did have paint problems as mentioned. I do like the team colours, so i'd go for team red with white decals. The blue was the GT40 Gulf colours, about 1999 ;)

always liked this colour scheme.cant remember what year this was.

Attachments

• speccy fsr (Medium).jpg
    speccy fsr (Medium).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,036
Elev12k":22ywxkfm said:
I had the similar frame. It was minty mint, but paint fell off by looking at. I read it is was a common issue with early S-works M2 frames.

The model above it was the M2 Team. That was red wit yellow decals. An option?

Hehehe, now I know why you told me that when showing my M2 Team (about the paint, that is)...

Yeah I have to go with the idea of respraing it in the M2 Team colours. My M2 Team is from 1996, but the earlier M2 Team with the yellow decals is just sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much cooler!! I'd go with that option and maybe build it up in a bit of a "Ned Overend" way?

I still hope to find one of those old M2 Team frames in red/yellow and build it up this way, since I still have one of those old FSX forks standing around (the first one from alu and that square crown and no adjusters). It came out of some dude's S-works Ultimate and he didn't want it no more (but he did still wanna keep the Ultimate unfortunately)...

Void(EN12-82)

Back