Blackmount/Glen Etive - Sat24/Sun25 APRIL AFTERMAaaa.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
RobMac":1t6cz6q5 said:
Panda you take a no bad snap ;)

R.

Aye - when Icanget them in focus :roll:
Won the art prize at primary school :p a fact I've nv allowed folk to forget :LOL:

dyna-ti":3tkt9ue0 said:
Ive still to talk to a mate ,but i might have to change to day trip.
Depends on whether this mate is coming along to camp at BoO

So

Might not be able to bring a bike due to mates 2 dogs + all our stuff.
If it comes down to it,would somebody be able to take me bike to BoO and i could pick it up at the car park

The above is getting more and more complex for a simple ride at the weekend :? ,for me at least :oops:
Can get there but cant cycle.Cant cycle the full route due to health,can do an overnighter without bike at the bothy but might not be able to get there[i mean hitching,,,,come on!!? ]
See what i mean :?

Dyna - remember there's a train station at BofO if you're stuck for transport - only a few minutes walk from the hotel. Dead Handy :cool: Direct run from Queen Street. Can take bike on train by prior arrangement.

If health is still problematic there's plenty easy cycling/walking based at BofO. The Hotel is on the West Highlannd Way and has an attached bunkhouse (aprox £12 per night, but no cooking facilities) plus there is a good camping area right by the bridge, usually a couple tents there and hotel only 50m away :cool:

Boat crossing point over the ocean: :D

DSCF1895.jpg

clockworkgazz":1f9gvpy0 said:
would single speed be mental?

Always has been, always will be :D

Doable as the hills aren't horrendous, but it would be a struggle on the rougher parts.

I've spoke to my mate and hes ok[for now] with going up there to camp at the BoA.
He says he'll hang about that area,walking dogs ect whilst i go off with you guys in the daytrippers group
I then return to BoA with the other day trippers camp over with the mate/dogs and return home the next day

Thats the plan so far :D
It also allows me to return to BoA if i start to falter
But im determined to do it this time :) ,no rushing off ahead.Slow and steady pace for me
Im on rigids so slow annd steady is about all i could manage :LOL:

Anyone got a solution to my pannier rack problems, the unibomber has rack mounts at the wheel axels but none at the top and the seatbolt is a bit to far away from the rack mechano type dodahs, I will do a picture when the wife gets done with eBay. I need a bodge fellas.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
The irony of the panniers is really making me roar with laughter

How many posts have we had on people cutting off fixing points in an attempt to make their frame cleaner looking

Not such a good idea now eh? ;) :LOL:

Gazz
how about a long horizontal bolt going through the rack mounts
Then a fixing to that boss in the middle,the ones that use to fit crud race guards to your seat stays
This fixing would wrap around the horizontal bar then the middle bolt attaches it
Got where im coming from? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back