HoNC - aftermath glow

Had a fantastic day in the saddle today. Pefect conditions for a great days riding. God i loved passing all the modern full bouncers all the way round! Was glad i only did the 50km though , hats off to Mark for doing the 100km! Was really good to meet more folk from the site with there stunning machinery (loved gravy monsters Saracen). See you all at MM ;)

Fair play to the lads who drove great distances to get there and then rode - a 50 minute drive was more than enough for me. Oh, and chapeau to Matt with his three punctures, each time catching up and then riding smoothly, apparently effortlessly away.

No credit for the last descent though - "I know, let's put a super bumpy descent in at the end of a long day and spice it up by having the bottom half with freely running, foul smelling water. That should keep them honest".

ededwards":26jxe2gt said:
No credit for the last descent though - "I know, let's put a super bumpy descent in at the end of a long day and spice it up by having the bottom half with freely running, foul smelling water. That should keep them honest".

yeah i got the taste of cow piss i think. :LOL: i have cleaned my teeth since!!

That was a good day in the saddle, feeling the miles in my legs today though.

Thanks to
Cake
Sunny days
Good company
Fast trails

No Thanks To
The field full of baby head rocks
Panaracer fire 1.8 tyres - 3 PUNCTURES!!!! :x

Belting day, good weather, a wee bit windy in places. Started with a terrible belly probably due to consuming a hot curry at Shezan's in Cheltenham followed by 6 pints of ale at some characterful (seedy?) pub the night before, had to stop 3 times to ease the pain in the guts (thank God Murph brought some toilet paper along). A chain link parted company and left me with jammed chain, the last descent was great but I had to take some interesting lines overtaking a couple of people which left me with a snakebite puncture at the bottom. :( Got back at 15:16 for the 100K which I was pretty happy about considering I've only been out once over the past 3 weeks.

Thanks to the folk at the food stop, it was most welcome (bread pudding just like my Mum used to make mmm, 2 slices and 2 cups of hot coffee, banana and flapjack - and another visit to the loo).

:D

Back