18lb, 4oz ...of Tom's finest steel.. . :) updates page 5

fastshow_396x222.jpg

Finally you found the right cranks for the 20, me thinks :cool: Far better than the RaceFace blocks of alu and carbon. And the right stem for a bike like that also :shock:

What a great build, makes me jealous.. :oops:

Don't know if you're looking for some other parts, but I would chance the rear mech to a M960 to give it an even more luscious look. But hey, that's me... When do you enter BoTM ? You can count my vote in for the 20.

...and now peel of the misplaced RockShox label and show us some pics of the overal look !! I'm looking forward to that... In detail it looks stunning; what is the superlative for that to comment the overal look ? I have to get me a dictionary..

:LOL: cheers guys ;) appreciated , deff been a love affair with this bike :) :)

I sort of knew from day one , where I wanted to go with the build, it was sourcing the parts in the condition I wanted, the weight, I was looking for and at a price that was..well, I'm not going to go into that :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :LOL: :LOL: but at the same time trying to achieve a sympathetic build to this brilliant frame..

Don't know if you guys will agree on this next part of the build, not, 100% myself but .. The original WCS seatpin is silver , although this nice red ano one is over 80 grams lighter than the Ritchey WCS.. and suits this lovely seat much better ... opinions.. :)

Oh!! :LOL: :LOL: and disregard the rear mech and brakes,tyres you can see,, they are gone... awaiting the arrival of a couple of very nice and uber rare parts ;)

Love this bike! Have to admit I'm surprised it's post 1998, I didn't realise they were this recent! Still 100% retro though :cool:

Cheers fella, its a flying machine of the highest calibre that is for sure.. The date that has been indicated was 96/97 for the frame , his bike does have an unusual serial no.. , currently trying to stamp the frame down to a date....

There's no absolutes in retro biking. Use the carbon shennanigans but don't sell the WCS. That way you can fit which saddle as the mood takes you.

It's nice to see the final collaboration of all the parts you've recently beaten me to, and I'm impressed with how nice my build would've looked!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back