HoNC - aftermath glow

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Chaps (plus Carol)

Great day out (as always at HoNC, a true classic). Thanks for the top company and to JV's mum for some post ride egg sandwiches.

Was a great ride with perfect weather and company as ususal, Did the whimpy 50k on the Saracen which should have got a medal itself for not breaking :LOL:

Highlights for me

• Man shouting at me and Sinnett boasting about his skip bike, and passing us !
• The ford with its surprise depth :shock:
• Chris and his mate (sorry forgot his name) just fixed puncture with bike on bars & saddle to find saddle had been resting in poo :LOL:
• Cake Stop :cool:
• US Passing lots modern full sus disc braked bikes on our retro bikes downhill, JB666 was flying
• Lots of retro love was thrown at us when passing people which was nice
• Finishing
• Oh and the old chappy with a prodigy helmet hair look after the ride

Low lights,

• Wishing I was fitter near the end
• Muppet on a carrera who just stopped in an unstoppable place resulting in me taking a tumble down a hill :evil:

Was great to see you all and am really looking forward to MM10, an a final thanks to Sinnett for getting me a brew at the start :D

Just got back n i have to say i had a cracking day,

Really good ride, and i was getting much love for the waybig Proflex i was riding with the spins

ededwards":23v9sfj9 said:
Chaps (plus Carol)

I don't mind being an honorary "chap" Ed

Highlights of the day

-the weather
-great company
-meeting up with other retrobikers
-showing daj how to mount a tyre with a girly green gadget!
-and ofcourse getting to the finish

My work on the C16R held up - nothing fell off bar the chain overshifting on the cassette a couple of times. phew!

Adrian has some photos so maybe tomorrow I'll post them

See you all at Mountain Mayhem?

CAS

Top day :) , really good to meet some of you guys, I even got to see one of your bottoms...... which was nice [ not :p ] ...........

I have got quite a lot of video footage to upload to you tube , will take a while to do it but will post it as I go along, lots of Retro riders and some controversy at the tea stop :shock: :LOL:

Thanks to the chap who donated his entry, I owe you a beer :)

Anyone lost a Garmin? I found one on route, screen is bust though but appears to still work [ ish ]

Righty ho.. will go off line to load vid onto puter, lack of usb sockets .. catch you later, [ easy to do as you really were a bit slow today ;) ]

Steve.

Back in one piece just !! :cool:

Highlights

- Superb weather
- Seeing old faces
- Meeting new faces
- The 50k route
- Seeing high-tech Cannodale mans face when being passed by retrobike
- Riding up the first climb next to what seemed like the biggest proflex in the world!!
- Egging the Ambulance men on to inflict more pain on my mates knee while patching him up
- Finally seeing the last of that last 5 mile boulder field

Lowlights

-Stem & front wheel departing different ways leading to a nice off and mint frame now having nice war wound :cry:
-having my shorts and pants bagged to my ankles :oops: (sorry Malvernman :LOL: )
-Feeling the pain of riding rigid after so long on bouncers

DSC05841.jpg

DSC05840.jpg

DSC05842.jpg

DSC05843.jpg

DSC05846.jpg

Great day out indeed :cool:

Have ridden 15ish HONCs and that was a good one! Highlights would be

-Trails and weather were spot on today. Everywhere was pretty dry
-Good to see a load of RB jerseys at the start once again.
-Good timing to meet up at the cake stop
-The cake stop
-Getting over that last grassy climb onto the top of Cleeve. Have to admit I was flagging by that point.

Anyhow look forward to playing spot the rbers in the official photogrpahs tomorrow.

malvernman":mm98x959 said:
easy to do as you really were a bit slow today ;) ]

That was indeed an awesome display of skills you showed us today Steve. What time did you get in?

Well what a day that was. Got home just before 8 this evening after leaving at 5 this morning :shock:

But it was certainly worth it as i'm now a member of 100 club, coming back with 32 minutes to spare at 16:28. Rode my own ride as the challenge was very much the distance for me today, but got to meet RB'ers new and old.

Highlights:

- Always enjoy the first 5km with everybody bunched up, its utter chaos but great fun.
- The dusty trails, some really great fast flowing sections out on the course.
- The ti-mega, what a pleasure to ride now i'm getting to grips with it.
- Blasting past modern riders on the downhills on my rigid alpinestars :twisted:
- Seeing retrobikers that i've not seen for a while (for geographical reasons), great to see you all again.
- Finally reaching the finish, the last 45km went on forever!

Lowlights:

- Cramp, cramp and more cramp. Put alot of effort into eating and drinking regularly and taking in the right things, but the cramp hit me bad on the last 45km.
- Getting going again after the cake stop, it took a while to get any kind of rhyme going after filling my face with flapjack!
- Not seeing a single RB'er at the finishing line, I guess you were all home and bathed by the time I arrived back!

A happy bike:
4512126864_61c9325e01_o.jpg

Will see you all again next year.

Back