Who knows what this is?

jonnyretro

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As the title really. Cant give you anymore info as I dont have any yet. I think its a rear hub.
main.php

I was searching the site and came across that too. Does appear to be a Hope caliper, the same as Ken's, but the disc and mounting seems more like the one on the Fisher and Corduroyboy's.
I will post some better pics when it turns up. Will be for sale by the way as I have no use for it.

Looks different to my old Hope mechanical disk brake. The disk spider and mount are very different.

Could it be a prototype?

It looks very close to my hope, there are subtle differences like better quality finish,

The top of the support arm (where it meets the fork) is shaped where as mine is flat with a block of rubber,

the caliper looks the same other than the spring (mine was a normal spring that sits around the cable.

Mine was a 91 so it probably did change a bit, the disc was probably the first change as mine bolts directly to the hub, no "spider" - I've stripped a couple of threads putting the disc back on :(
The drill pattern is the same as mine.

Has the support arm been Hacksawed on the front edge?

Do you have a photo of the rear of the caliper?

The Ken":2hsh0v9x said:
Has the support arm been Hacksawed on the front edge?

Do you have a photo of the rear of the caliper?

It does look like its been hacksawed (from the photo) I guess this was to clear the chainstay / seatstay?
No other photos yet, I will upload some when it turns up later in the week hopefully.

I would maybe fill the cut bit back in as much as possible (with epoxy), as that is where mine snapped.

where did you find it? I've been trawing ebay for months

I wont be needing it, came with those Porcs in the picture, so if you want to buy it then you can have 'dibs' if you like :)

Back