Just scored ANOTHER Disk drive

jez-2-many-bikes":153cnyfu said:
Got 3 now Sunstreaker :cool:

Hahaha! Bonus points for getting the Transformer character correct. :D

tdisc3.jpg

Lamborghini Countach (modified) whio also happens to be Sideswipes brother - if i remember correctly motto was "I am the best or something!" He was a right big head...

jez-2-many-bikes":1km3ut4u said:
Lamborghini Countach (modified) whio also happens to be Sideswipes brother - if i remember correctly motto was "I am the best or something!" He was a right big head...

Nice.

I dork out to TF harder than I should.

"They can't beat the best."

Eric or Jez,

So fifteen minutes ago I placed my hands on a Disc Drive. Its actually the first one I've ever seen in person beside at a NORBA race BITD. The blue one like the one Jez had on his black trimble. The owner said its mine if I could build it The only problem is, its just the two side pieces, no other hardware.

Since this is the only one in the world you two dont own, could you tell what I'm gonna need to get this sucker built?

Thanks

Jez do you actualty ride on one of 'those things'?
I though they had a rep for...
wump wump wump wump- eeek

I can scan you a manual Ameybrook. No problem.

Ive ridden several of mine around but not in sheer anger. Sheer anger may result in crisp-drive.

Parts kits, oddly enough, pop up more often than the disks themselves. Keep a watch on the usual eBay. Tomacs old mechanic Bob G might have spares too. He's in CO also right?
I landed a titanium bolt kit for a T-Disk which I used on the wheel of the Tomac. I need to make sure I have enough parts to built all my disks up, but if I have spares, they're yours.

As a mini lesson in T-disks that I've learned (so take it for what its worth)...

The white sheets in my posted picture above is an early Sugino Disk Drive, which Tioga branded as their own.

Below from left to right.
The newest version of the T-disk was a 'radial laced' 32h version. These are said to hold up better than the earlier versions...whatever that means.
In the center, the earlier 'blue' cross laced 36h version with the difficult access hole. (The newer, non-Pro versions of the blue disks has the redesigned access hole like the disk on the far right.)
The disk on the far right is a 36h cross laced T-Disk Pro. The access hole is much easier for inflating tubes and the disk loses the mesh wire that the blue ones have.

IMG_1660.jpg

And just for fun.
IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

Back