Five steps of RetroBiking...(so far)

14...After finishing "THE BUILD" going out for a ride with other Retrobikers
and realising that a, the bike rides like a dream b, the brakes are crap
c, the guys from this site make for great new riding buddies :cool:

Step 15 - The postman knows that any large objects are to be placed straight into the shed/garage and under no circumstances should they put them somewhere wife radar may pick them up.

You are also on first name terms with everyone at your local PO as you are constantly sending funny shape packages !!

Your shed/garage is also a dumping ground for jiffy bags and bubble wrap..

step 16 - the SO realises you think you are being cunning by getting deliveries to work, and then has a quick look at the numerous bubble packs stored in aformentioned garage :oops:

Hilts":3dgmb93p said:
Step 15 - The postman knows that any large objects are to be placed straight into the shed/garage and under no circumstances should they put them somewhere wife radar may pick them up.

Or delivered to work :D you should see under my desk :LOL:

EXACTLY THE SAME AS ME!

a) Yep - bubble wrap and boxes in moms garage just in case...

b) stuff sent to work (nice surprise when your bored)

c) Lie (white ones of course) when new stuff arrives and you quote how much you paid for it...

d) (My case especially) when you unwrap the item and realised its the wrong colour, size etc.

d) (My case especially) when you unwrap the item and realised its the wrong colour, size etc.

That surprised me, I didn't think you even bother to unwrap things now. Isn't there a 'Jez-too-many-bikes postal ether' where items are permanently either arriving or leaving your house but never actually touch your hands? ;)

Well, a lot of the time its a case of grabbing it cos you may need it in the future. Most of the time I do say "ooh wouldnt it be good if I had a spare thingie to put on xyz" and then I realise I indeed have that item in a box...

Sometimes I may have ordered something that there isnt a requirement for anymore, as Ive bodged or found an alternative. No patience see!

rumpfy":1fdk9ua0 said:
Hilts":1fdk9ua0 said:
The other game i play is seeing how many of the bidder ID's on E-bay I recognise .. (starting to learn those ones that aren't the same as peoples user names..)

Thats an important one.

eBay handles, MTBR/RBUK handles, email address/actual names don't always match.

...though...mine do across the board. Go figure. :p
:LOL:

Here's a couple more for the list...

17. The next will always be the last.

18. Every frame / part that arrives brings an odd mix of emotion. Elation mixed with remorse that money which should've gone on the mortgage / MOT / Tax has been spent on 15 year old ringle.

Back